MichaelDailous_deprecated
This is a long shot, I know, but is it possible to provide the user a variable list that allows them to select an implicit variable or enter the name of a new implicit variable to create? I know how to present each of these conditions independent of each other, but is there a way to combine these functions into a single property item?

Thank you,
Michael
RossYakulis
So in the properties view you want to allow the user to select from the drop down or type in a new variable name that would be created? There is probably a way but not in what we currently have.
Is it possible to create several variables when the PDC is enabled? If so, how?

I can create a variable when the PDC pallet item is used, but my FlowItem is the class that extends IImplicitVariable. I'm thinking I could provide a similar interface as the CTI connector plugin, where the ctiinfo variable is created when the connector is enabled, but the Initialize function allows the creation of a new variable, or the use of the existing variable, dependent on a boolean property selection. I just don't know how to create a new variable at PDC enablement time.

Thanks again for the help.
Michael
RossYakulis
Yes you can create variables when a PDC is enabled. The the snippet of the plugin.xml below and the attached file.

<plugin>
<extension
point="com.avaya.sce.core.pluggableConnector">
<configuration
connectorId="com.avaya.sce.pdc.workflow"
displayName="Avaya Breeze™/ED integration (Workflows and Context Store)"
icon="icons/wf.gif"
class="com.avaya.sce.pdc.workflow.ui.ConnectorConfig"
runtimeLifeCycle="com.avaya.sce.pdc.workflow.LifeCycle"
category="Workflow"
visible="true"
visible_enabled="false">

Filename ConnectorConfig.java [Disk] Download
Out of curiosity, what does the LifeCycle class do? Are there any routines that are pertinent the new variable life cycle?
RossYakulis
That class IPluggableConnectorLifeCycle or PluggableConnectorLifeCycleAdapter mave methods like:

applicationStarted
initialVariablesPosted (the vxi session variables are available - ani dnis...(
sentApplicationExit
reportBreadcrumb
reportAlarm

It allows the PDC runtime to take actions aat key points in the life of an application. For example with "conversations" in applicaitonStarted we look for some query string values, and in initialVaraibles posted we load the conversation, and write out the conversation in sentApplication exit...
Go to:   
Mobile view