ademcayir
Hi,

I try to get encrypted stream (SRTP) for my single step conference. how can I do that ?

to establish single step, when a call is started

1- I get device ID of extension x1. x1 is used by agent
2- when I get call start, I get deviceid for another extension, let say extension x2
2- I register terminal of extension x2. sending RegisterTerminalRequest for extension x2. I also specify RTP receiver, IP and port
3- I send single step conference request. send SingleStepConferenceCall, with the call ID + x1's device ID + x2's device ID

and, RTP stream is started. But, this stream is unencrypted (I checked with wireshark).

later on, I configured Avaya to make streams encrypted. Then, I checked stream between DMCC - x1. And, it is encrypted. But, stream between DMCC - x2 (terminal extension) is still not encrypted.

As I see, there is a parameter in RegisterTerminalRequest. It is called "encryption" , and explanation is: "Specifies a list of encryption algorithms supported for media (RTP). Possible values include MediaConstants.AES ("aes") and/or MediaConstants.NOENCRYPTION ("none"). This encryption list specifies the capabilities of the CMAPI endpoint. The actual algorithm that is chosen for a call is dependent on the administered list in Communication Manager. Administration of Media Encryption is done in the Communication Manager ip-codec-set form."

I set this value to "aes", and send RegisterTerminalRequest. It is completed successfully, and I get RegisterTerminalResponse. But, when I call same single step conference request, it gives "generic" error.

Is there anyone who knows what I should do? Should I send a different SingleStepConferenceCall ? because I only send activeCall, deviceToJoin, participationType.

or, should I configure something else in DMCC ?

MartinFlynn
You should check the configuration of your Communication Manager. It seems that the IP Cpdec Set being used by the DMCC terminal does not allow "aes" encryption.

Martin
ademcayir
Thanks a lot Martin. We found the problem. Problem was improper configuration betweens network region.

Now, I register an extension as terminal. I send SingleStepConfere request, and I get encrypted RTP stream from terminal extension. But, I dont get SRTP key. Where can I find key of SRTP stream ?

I was expecting I would get it from DMCC messages, but I dont. Do you know where is this key ?
MartinFlynn
All the encryption parameters are in the MediaStart event.
Go to:   
Mobile view