frankcarreon2
I want to monitor DMCC events on remote labs using the DMCC dashboard by performing the following actions -

1. Agent Login/Logoff on a station
2. External Incoming call, hold, transfer
3. Outward dial and release by external caller/agent
4. Play Media on a call

Is there a document that would explain me how to do this ? The Avaya RemoteLab document does not provide this information.

Thanks in advance.

JohnBiggs
The remote lab document is focused on accessing the lab.

The various services provided by the DMCC SDK are covered by
* the DMCC programmer's guide
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_application_enablement_services/releases/7_1/index.gsp
click Downloads and then DMCC APIs

* various sample apps and their documentation
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_application_enablement_services/educational_resources/sample_applications/dmcc/index.gsp

* the Mastering the DMCC Dashboard document
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_application_enablement_services/educational_resources/ebooks/mastering_dmcc/index.gsp

I suggest that this last reference may be the best fit for your needs.
frankcarreon2
Hi John

Thanks for your prompt reply. I was on the remote labs earlier today and was able to get the DMCC events on the dashboard. A few questions -

1. I was not able to get the Equinox to run. The application would start up, the logo will display and then within seconds the app would stop. I checked the equinox log and found the following -

2017-07-12 08:37:32.967 [ERROR] - Critical error on resolving type in IoC container. Missing type: Avaya.UCC.Common.AnalyticsService.IAnalyticsService

Not sure what is causing this.

2. I was able to run the XCommunicator and make calls and see events on the dashboard.

What is the difference between the endpoint registered event and the agent logged on event ? I was able to get the registered event on starting the softphone but not the agent logged on event. This presumes that agent are pre-assigned to extensions. Is it possible to configure so that any agent can log on any extension - so that we can have both the endpoint registered event as well as the agent logged on event ?

Thanks again for your help.
JohnBiggs
I will have to get someone familiar to Equinox to respond to your question related to the error your saw.

Station extensions are totally separate from agents.

One must first get a station to register with Communication Manager. That forms the basis.
Secondarily one must initiate an agent login either through CTI messaging (the DMCC dashboard's call control services), or via a feature access code dialed by the station.

Agent login events are posted to an application if the application has established a monitor on a hunt group that the agent is logging into. In most cases the hunt group number represents a skill, and on the agentID form a skill is assigned to the agent. The Avaya Expert Agent Selection documentation explains all of these concepts.

The TSAPI agent view sample application performs these actions, and since DMCC Call Control services expose TSAPI services I believe you will be able to 'see' the mapping from DMCC (Dashboard) through to the behaviors and operations exposed by this sample application. Perhaps just reading the document for it will provide enough to allow you to make the right connections.

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_application_enablement_services/educational_resources/sample_applications/tsapi/agent_view/index.gsp
Quang
Hi,
Would you please help to provide more information about your Avaya Equinox login issue?
- Your Avaya Equinox version?
- Your Windows client version?
- Have you ever login extension on Avaya Equinox successfully? Or it is failed at the first time launching Avaya Equinox?

Thanks,
Quang Nguyen
Quang
Hi,
Would you please help to provide more information about your Avaya Equinox login issue?
- Your Avaya Equinox version?
- Your Windows client version?
- Have you ever login extension on Avaya Equinox successfully? Or it is failed at the first time?

Thanks,
Quang Nguyen
frankcarreon2
Sorry for the delay.
Equinox version - 3.0.0.0.147
Windows Server 2012
It fails at the first time.

I was also reading the AE Services Call recording documentation. The documentation says that a DMCC device cannot be registered against sip extensions. This has the following -

The following types of extension can be softphone enabled:
• DCP
• Avaya H.323 IP

As Equinox is a sip softphone, can it be registered at an extension ?

Thanks again for your help.

MartinFlynn
I think the Call recording document may be a bit out of date wrt SIP support. As of (I think) AE Services 6.2 and Communication Manager 6.2, it is possible to record Avaya SIP phones using Multiple Registrations. There are a couple of differences between SIP and H.323 support:

1. You must register the recorder in Independent mode, rather than the more normal Dependent mode.
2. An application can get MediaStart/Stop event and, in Client Media mode, an RTP stream. However, it is not possible to get any other first party features (e.g. Display Update events, Button press requests, Lamp events etc.).

It is also possible to get Call Control events for Avaya SIP phones. For this, the station must be configured with "Type of 3PCC Enabled: Avaya".

I have checked this with an Equinox softphone configured as 9621SIP and I received media and all the events that I expected. However, I should point out that the AE Services Overview document does not list Equinox as a supported SIP station type so I am not sure if it is officially supported.

Martin
Quang
Hi,
I have not any Windows Server 2012 available to duplicate your issue related to Avaya Equinox.
However, it seems that your current Avaya Equinox version 3.0.0.0.147 is not compatible with Windows Server 2012.
Based on the information from the URL below, only Windows 7 and Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit are compatible with Avaya Equinox 3.0.0.0.147.
https://secureservices.avaya.com/compatibility-matrix/menus/product.xhtml?name=Equinox+Client&version=3.0
So would you please help to check if you can launch Avaya Equinox in another Windows client (Win 7 or Win 10 Enterprise 64 bit)?
Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks,
Quang Nguyen
frankcarreon2
Hi John,

I would like to see Agent Login and Logout events.

You had indicated earlier these would be available on an agent logging in on a hunt group or skill set. Are there any hunt groups or skills predefined on the remote labs setups ? I did read the complete remote setup manual and could not find any information on defined skills. If not predefined, how do we define them ?

Thanks again,

Frank
MartinFlynn
Hi Frank,

If you search for "Application Notes for the JTAPI Agent Viewer Sample Application", you will find the application notes for a JTAPI sample application. Appendix A describes how to setup Huntgroups, Agents & stations.

I am sure there are better references available but that is one that I know of.

Martin
frankcarreon2
I was on the remote labs a little while earlier.

I checked out the agents on the SAT and configured an agent (40116) with a security code of 1234. The agent belongs to a hunt group 29998.

On the One-X communicator, I took the phone offhook and dialed the following -

*204 (I get a dial tone)
40116 (I get a dial tone)
1234 (Blank)

I was assuming that the 1234 should have been accepted as my password and I should have been logged in. I tried by adding a hash to the password, but that did not work either.

What do I dial on the communicator to get myself logged in ?

Secondly, to monitor the hunt group, I got the third party device id for extension 29998 and setup monitors for this device. I got a response invalid device id. How do I monitor a hunt group on the dash board ?

Thanks
CraigJohnson5
The password looks to be the same as the Agent ID, so try 40116 as the password.

On the main tab of the dashboard I set the extension to 29998 and then set the appropriate IP's for AES and Switch. After that I started the session, Get Device ID, start monitors. I got a valid response. I then logged in your agent to a station and I got an Agent logged on event.

frankcarreon2
I was testing events received on conferencing and had some questions. The use case was recording using SSC method.

My test case was as follows -

40016 calls 40017 and call is accepted. - Established event received for both. A recording device is conferenced on this call.

Then 40016 conferences 40018 - Conferenced event received even before the request is accepted by 40018. The primaryoldcallid is the earlier callid and the secondarycallid is a new callid. A RD is conferenced in.

Question 1: Does the earlier call end at this point, because I do not receive any subsequent event for the earlier call id (not even cleared event). What if 40018 does not accept the conferencing request ?

If 40018 accepts the request, I get established events for 40016 and 40018. 40017 also receives the event but it is neither the callerid nor the answering device.

Question 2: Should not there be an established event for 40017 for the new call id ?

Now, 40016 hangsup. A connection cleared event is received for the new call id.

The call continues between 40017 and 40018.

When they hang up, I receive an on hook event for both the RD's.

Question 3: When does the first call end ? It would seem the call ends when the RD onhook event is received at the end. What conversations would be recorded by these two RD's in the above situations.

Thank you very much.

Frank
JohnBiggs
Question 1: Does the earlier call end at this point, because I do not receive any subsequent event for the earlier call id (not even cleared event).? A: yes. The applicaiton must pay attention to the information in the conferenced event to know which of the two callIDs ended, but one of the two ended, and the other represents the combined call (the two callIDs merged together and became one), thus one of the two ended.

Question 1a: What if 40018 does not accept the conferencing request ? A: then most likely 40016 will take an action to drop 40018 and you will see a connectionCleared event.

If 40018 accepts the request, I get established events for 40016 and 40018. 40017 also receives the event but it is neither the callerid nor the answering device.

Question 2: Should not there be an established event for 40017 for the new call id ? A: No, and I think you are mis-interpreting the event that 40016 received. There should be established event(s) for 40018. Depending on how the monitors are set up on the devices (stations), the application may get multiple copies of that event. I.e. if your application has a monitor on 40016 and 40018, both monitors will receive an established event indicating that 40018 answered (established).

Question 3: When does the first call end ? It would seem the call ends when the RD onhook event is received at the end. What conversations would be recorded by these two RD's in the above situations. A: Per the explanation above the first call ended at the point that the conference was formed. The RD device that was added when 40017 answered would record the entire timeline of the period 40017 was in the call until the application dropped that RD from the call. The RD that was added when 40018 joined the call would record the timeline from the point in time the second recorder was added until the application dropped that RD from the call. In this scenario the application must be careful it does not leave the two RD in a call with each other indefinitely as Communication Manager will view the two RDs as a stable two party call and will not take any action.
Go to:   
Mobile view