SandeepParvathreddy
Hi Team,

Could you advice on the below issue:
Issue:
AAOD 7.0.1 runtime config unable to reach WebLM server 7.x for the runtime licenses.
Works fine when using WebLM 6.3, other products AAEP , CM AES are able to reach the WebLM.

WebLM 7.0.9.0 Build Number 7.0.0.9.16703 on Linux OS Tomcat 8
AAOD -- 7.00.18.01 on Windows OS Tomcat 6

We see License Url is invalid , or the server is not up.
The WebLM team analyzed packet trace captured from customer system.
It shows that OD runtimeconfig/application is sending connection request using SSL 2.0 which is not supported by standalone WebLM 7.0.1.3. From standalone WebLM 7.0 onwards , it support only TLSv1.2,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.

Is it the tomcat on which the runtime-config is deployed be changed to use TLS protocols? or anything on the runtimeconfig configuration?

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks.

NOTE:Attached the document with the screen shots of error being seen on runtime config and the packet capture screen shot shared by WebLM team.

• [Thumb - WebLM.jpg]
[Disk] Download
Filename WebLM.docx [Disk] Download
RossYakulis
Replace the weblm.jar with a newer version.
SandeepParvathreddy
Hi Ross,

Thanks for the inputs. Where do we need to replace the weblm.jar file and with which file.
Appreciate if you could share the path of the weblm.jar to be replace and the new file version and location this can be checked.

Thanks again.
SandeepParvathreddy
Customer has replaced the latest weblm.jar and weblmhostidgenrator.jar from the client deliverables of WebLM as suggested, and restarted the app server. But the issue still exists.
Could you please advise further.

The Jar files updated were from the provide link for version 7.0 : http://ecad.apac.avaya.com/weblm/downloads.htm
I have sent an email to you with screen shot of the jars updated.

Thanks again.
RossYakulis
Did you also check https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/19126.page?

You can also try -Djavax.net.debug=all and see what that shows.
SandeepParvathreddy
Hi Ross,

I have already updated the customer to have higher version of tomcat be used along with TLS enabled .
I followed the your suggestion of replacing the weblm jars as suggested and shared feedback.

If the only suggestion is to use the tomcat to send TLS request then I will pass it on to them.
Thanks.
RossYakulis
The suggestion is to enable the netwrok trace to see what the issue is. Why the weblm client cannot see the server. Note this is more a Weblm issue rather than OD. We only invoke their client API.

LicenseManager lm = null;
lm = new LicenseManager(protocol + "://" + host + ":" + port + "/WebLM/LicenseServer");
SandeepParvathreddy
Hi Ross,

I did update at the begining when i opened the thread that there was a trace captured and WebLM team shared that we are seeing the request going to WebLM using SSLv2 protocol which is why it is not reaching the WebLM server.
RossYakulis
This may have to do with the java version possibly. OD does nothing to affect the SSL version used for WEBLM.
SandeepParvathreddy
Thanks Ross for the clarification.
Miroslav
This note helps me when OD license has not been accepted in runtimeconfig: WebLM 8 client (weblm.jar) - This OD release has been updated with the new WebLM client. Thenew WebLM client, which solves the https connection problem with JBoss/Wildfly, requires a manual
step to make it work. Particularly it requires the trustedcert.properties file in a specific sub directory
inside the app server deployment directory. For Tomcat, you have to copy the trustedcert.properties from the lib directory into the
webapps/WebLM/admin directory which you create manually under webapps
WilsonYu
Yes, this is the change for 7.2.3 and up.
Go to:   
Mobile view