cherant
I am looking to obtain notifications FROM breeze about a user’s phone activity. (i.e. the phone is off-hook, or on-call).

Specifically, I’m looking at this document, pages 16-19, with the different patterns for development/integration:
\Avaya\Breez e_SnapIn_ED_KT.pdf

Right now, in order to make calls, we are interacting with the Engagement Call Control, MakeCall end point. This is obviously a “Breeze as Listener” solution – breeze waits for us to initiate a REST request, to start a call. What I need to understand / find, is how to do we hook up to breeze, as a “Breese as Initiator” – where breeze sends out a notification that a user extension is off-hook or on-call?

Would the ECC snap-in provide that through the ECC Notification Events?
Avaya\Avaya-ECC-SDK\ECC-API-Docs\REST-API-Docs\services\notification\ECCCallControlEvents.ht ml
Avaya-ECC-SDK\ECC-API-Docs\REST-API-Docs\services\EventingConnector\events\EventNotifi cation.html
Avaya\Avaya-ECC-SDK\ECC-API-Docs\REST-API-Docs\services\EventingConnector\events\package-summary-efc.html
JoelEzell
Yes, ECC event notifications should give you exactly what you want. You will need to create a subscription for each station of interest.
Dinesh012024
Yes, subscribe for ECC notification events for a station and then Breeze (i.e., ECC) will publish the call states (like alerting, active, answered, etc.,) to the event listener

The documents you pointed are the right one to start
cherant
Thanks guys.

Any reason why I should create a subscription for Engagement Call Control Events instead of to the Eventing connector?
JoelEzell
The subscription for the ECC events will go via the Eventing Connector. The reason to use ECC instead of getting SIP call events is that you will have visibility to station to station calls. SIP call events are generated only for calls to/from the PSTN.
cherant
Can Breeze go beyond notifications for Avaya phones and also provide these type of notifications for Cisco phones and others? I have heard that Breeze is vendor neutral but don't have details on what limitations there are on non-Avaya stations.

Other question, is there a subscription to ECC limit? Currently the station resource limit is 15k on Breeze 3.2.
JoelEzell
The ECC architecture supports multivendor call control but this is not something that has been implemented as of yet. There are no firm plans to do so at this time. The Breeze Java Call Manipulation API supports multivendor, as long as the calls to/from the third-party PBX go through Session Manager.

The 15K limit is accurate for Breeze 3.3 and is not foreseen to change anytime soon.
cherant
I wanted to revisit this topic one more time. With 15k extensions in the environment sending hundreds to thousands of events each day, is there any kind of performance issues we should be concerned about with Breeze. We plan to create subscriptions to each station and have their events (on a call, dropped call, etc.) picked up by our developer server. Our Breeze cluster is built with two instances and the recommended hardware specs.

JoelEzell
As long as you stay within the call rate limit of 2 calls per second and maximum simultaneous calls of 360, you should be fine with 15,000 endpoints on the small cluster profile. If you require a higher call rate or more simultaneous calls, you'll need one of the larger cluster profiles. This information is detailed on page 27 of the ECC reference document.
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/ea749e7c-55af-4856-88ba-dfdff46e8fb6
cherant
I checked Breeze and it's actually set to Medium so I have access to 30k extensions, 2700 simultaneous calls, 15 calls per second, and 10 subscription requests per second.

Does that mean for an application such as Click to Dial (ECC), I can perform this operation via Breeze to 30k extensions on one CM or am I limited to 15k extensions?
JoelEzell
Hi, we'll get back to you a bit later in the week on this one.
Dinesh012024
Hi,
Max you would be able to use only 25K stations per ECC provider

Our traffic testings were done with 15K stations only and we have documented that. Will try to do a 25K run in the next release cycle and update the document accordingly.

Also this is the max supported per AES

Thank You,
Dinesh
cherant
For a MEDIUM profile, was it tested to work with 200 ECC call events/notifications per second? Or was that LARGE?
Dinesh012024
Supported call rate for MEDIUM is 15 calls per second. In our traffic scenario for each call there will be around 9 events so our traffic runs for MEDIUM verifies around 150 events per second

And for Large our traffic scenario verifies around 240 events per second

Thank you,
Dinesh
cherant
Thanks Dinesh. Has the 25k max subscription limit for each CM been tested yet?
Go to:   
Mobile view