Andrew.Prokop
I created a custom event for an incoming REST message. If I assign that event to the Start task, my snap-in is launched when the event is received. This tells me that the REST message comes through just fine.

I now want to launch the snap-in on an incoming text message, do some processing, and then wait for the REST message. I thought that the Receive task would work for the waiting part, but I cannot get it to see the incoming REST message.

I set the same Family, Type, and Version as I had in the Start event. I am very unclear if I need to use the Criterion since none of the values in the documentation appear to apply to what I am doing.

Should I be able to use Receive for this? If so, what am I doing wrong. If not, what can I use within my snap-in?

I am on Breeze 3.2.

Thanks!
Sachin_Gupta
Hi Andrew,

You should be able to you use receive task in this scenario however when you subscribe for an event in Receive task, you need to specify some criterion, otherwise it picks the default value i.e. Instance. There is an option to define a custom correlation key in case none of the options specified in criterion meets your requirement. You can put the key (e.g. customKey) for your event in "Correlation Key" properties box and assign the value through input mapping. And while publishing the event, you can pass the values while publishing the event along with other properties as metadata-Correlation Key e.g. metadata-customKey. Pls let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Sachin
Andrew.Prokop
Thank you. I was able to get it to work my simply using a correlation key of 1.

However, I understand that that doesn't work for multiple instances of the snap-in. I am confused as to how to get the correlation key from the event to the task. My event is an incoming POST command and not a Publish. Would I create the correlation key in the sender of the POST? If so, how do I get that into the task?

Or...would I need to create a second workflow that simply receives the event and publishes it to the rest of Breeze?
Andrew.Prokop
Any update on my last set of questions? Thanks!
Andrew.Prokop
One more time. Is there an update on my follow-up question?
Go to:   
Mobile view