DanielB
Hello,

following scenario:
SnapInA creates a call to an Smartphone.
SnapInB tries to monitor the call.

to: Meetme Room (3762)
onBehalfOf: CellPhone (0123456789)

CallFactory.create(from, to, onBehalfOf)

I get following answer event in SnapInB when the Smartphone is reachable and picks up the phone:
Call from 0123456789 in state CONNECTED to 3762 in state CONNECTED answered by 3762 in state CONNECTED with 2 active parties, with 0 alerting parties, calledPhase true, callingPhase false

I get following answer event in SnapInB when the Smartphone has no network signal:
Call from 0123456789 in state CONNECTED to 3762 in state CONNECTED answered by 3762 in state CONNECTED with 2 active parties, with 0 alerting parties, calledPhase true, callingPhase false

The event are as far as I can tell the identical.
There are also no other events which are different in both of the scenarios(participantDropped, addParticipantFailed, etc.)
Is there a way to identify if the Smartphone is reachable and has answered the call?

Thanks for the support.

Regards,
Daniel
JoelEzell
Daniel, unfortunately there is little we can do to help you with this issue. We can only report the status of the call as reported to us by the mobile service provider network. In order for the network operator to play an announcement or tone to the caller when the mobile phone has no service, the network has to send a 200 OK to answer the call. Breeze sees that as an answered call and reports it as such. This issue is much the same as if the call went to voicemail. It is on our roadmap to implement voicemail detection (which would likely catch the "out of service case as well"), but this isn't coming anytime soon.

For now, the best I can tell you is that if you really need to know you've got a real person on the other end as opposed to a network announcement or voicemail, you can prompt the answering party to press a digit. If you don't get a digit within X seconds, you assume you've got an automaton and drop the call.
DanielB
Hello,

Thanks for the the quick replay.

Regards,
Daniel
omerozkul
JoelEzell wrote:Daniel, unfortunately there is little we can do to help you with this issue. We can only report the status of the call as reported to us by the mobile service provider network. In order for the network operator to play an announcement or tone to the caller when the mobile phone has no service, the network has to send a 200 OK to answer the call. Breeze sees that as an answered call and reports it as such. This issue is much the same as if the call went to voicemail. It is on our roadmap to implement voicemail detection (which would likely catch the "out of service case as well"), but this isn't coming anytime soon.

For now, the best I can tell you is that if you really need to know you've got a real person on the other end as opposed to a network announcement or voicemail, you can prompt the answering party to press a digit. If you don't get a digit within X seconds, you assume you've got an automaton and drop the call.

hi Joel,

i am in the same situation here, my operator reports "TEMPORARILY_UNAVAILABLE" in sip messages so addpartcipantFailed event is triggered.

how can i redirect this call to another destination or try the call again since it is TEMPORARILY! unavailable..
i cannot add another participant to call in addparticipantFailed event handler.

please advice..

JoelEzell
Hi, I saw that you opened another thread on the issue of not being able to add a participant from the addParticipantFailed callback. Please try Sean's suggestion and let us know if things are working better.

Thanks!
Go to:   
Mobile view