GChagnon
I updated my Eclipse Mars.2 installation with Java 8, the Breeze r3.3 SDK and associated Plug-in and noticed that I that I got a bunch a error messages when I tried to deploy my Java application.

It took a while but I figured that the Plug-in deploy process involves sending the SVAR to System Manager and validating the deployment status via the Breeze server(s).

Using the Breeze Plug-in, I can open a console to System Manager but trying to do the same to my Breeze server always fails with a message to check the Breeze IP address, SSH Port, reachability and credentials. Using putty on the Eclipse PC I can login to the Breeze server so this means the problem is around the credentials used/saved by the Breeze Plug-in.

So I delete my System Manager configuration within the Plug-in and start over. If I provide the incorrect credentials for System Manager, the discovery fails (as expected). With the correct credentials, I get 2 green balls and the Breeze server has a red ball because I did yet provide the correct credentials.

Now the strange part - if I refresh, the Breeze server now has a green ball and obviously trying to open a console to it fails!! If I provide the correct credentials for the Breeze server, I still get a red ball and cannot open a console to Breeze. If I refresh the Plug-in, I get 3 green balls. I even Cut&Paste my Breeze password from Notepad to the Breeze plug-in just to be sure that I did mistype the password with the same result - failure to open a console to Breeze.

I did try with the Breeze r3.3.1 plug-in with the same result and also doing a fresh Windows/Eclipse install which provided the same result.

My password has an exclamation and now I am wondering whether this could be the culprit.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance,

Gabriel
DILEEPPANDEY
Hi GChagnon,

We have verified the plug-in with the Mars2/Neon with Java 8 and its working fine at our end and we are able to deploy services. I have also tried using the specified SDK version r 3.3.1 downloaded from devconnect and it seems working as well with our current release.

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/38ee3aa5-5e49-4055-a6ee-1bb5c813390b

It will be good if you can share the log details that you are getting during deploying service and .log file present in the your eclipse workspace .metadata directory.

Also as you have mentioned that after providing the correct credentials you are getting red icon there may be a chance that key password authentication is disabled on your breeze node.

Kindly verify /etc/ssh/sshd_config file on your breeze nodes for below property and make sure it is set to yes and not no as plug-in uses this for authentication.

ChallengeResponseAuthentication # Change to no to disable s/key passwords
ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes
#ChallengeResponseAuthentication no

Also if you can provide the SMGR and Breeze node versions we can try to reproduce this issue in our environment and able to help further.

Regarding green icon for all the nodes after refresh operation we have an enhancement pending.

Thanks & Regards,
Dileep
Go to:   
Mobile view