AshokJ
I have installed a new Breeze server version 3.3.1.1.331108 on SMGR version 7.1. I have deployed the EventingConector, Call Event Control & Engagement Designer snapin of latest version(ED- 3.3.0.0.25057) . However, when i browse to the ED console, i am asked to enter the login for SMGR, but finally the ED console doesn't come up complaining of Too Many Redirects. Any idea how to get this working or whats the problem?
JoelEzell
Hi Ashok, it sounds like this is a single server rather than a cluster. Is that correct? The "Too many redirects" problem generally occurs when the solution is not properly configured for System Manager Single Sign-on.

Per the Engagement Designer Snap-in Reference:
The computer used to access Engagement Designer must be able to resolve the Avaya Breeze™ FQDN to the IP address of the Avaya Breeze™ Security Module, and the System Manager FQDN to the primary System Manager IP address. The DNS must provide a way to translate the FQDN to IP. Forward and reverse DNS lookups are required. Contact your system administrator for assistance.

This means that both the System Manager FQDN and the Breeze server (or cluster) FQDN must either be in DNS or must be configured in your computers etc/hosts file.

The next thing is to ensure that System Manager knows the Breeze FQDN to direct the browser to when you access ED from the Breeze Cluster page. There are 2 ways that this can happen:
1. If you have a cluster of servers with a configured cluster IP and FQDN (using a load balancer), you can specify the cluster FQDN on the Cluster admin page
2. If you have a single-server cluster or are not using the cluster load balancer, System Manager will do a reverse DNS lookup on your server security module IP address to attempt to resolve it to an FQDN. If you go this route, it means that System Manager itself must be able to perform this reverse DNS lookup. If your Breeze server is not in DNS, you must manually add it to the /etc/hosts file on System Manager.

Please try all of this and let us know if it resolved your issue.
AshokJ
Thanks for the pointer Joel. That solved. Problem was a missing entry for the Breeze security IP on my computer. Once i added that it fixed it. I just would also want to know that in such scenario or similar related to web responses not being correct/having problems, which logs on SMGR/Breeze should be looked at, as it is failing on a web server level and not the snap-in?
JoelEzell
It's good to hear that you got things working. For your general web debug question, the most helpful log would probably be the WebSphere log that you can access via "ce logv".
Go to:   
Mobile view