Erez-LeviZarini
Hello,

In Our app We are using Jtapi to monitor extensions. we have an issue that on specific scenario : Call-Pickup we stopped getting the
right event when quering the AES for the TerminalConnection and then accessing the getState() function.

it returns TerminalConnection.UNKNOWN instead of TerminalConnection.ACTIVE.

in previous release cm 6.3 and aes 6.3 we got the TerminalConnection.ACTIVE allways on call-pickup.

the only change that was made is upgrade CM and AES.
I also upgraded the JTAPI jar file to the latest it didn't helped.
Is this normal ?
MartinFlynn

1. There are three phones, P1, P2 & P3.
2. P2 & P3 are in a pickup group.
3. P1 calls P2.
4. P3 presses the pickup button and answers the call.

Is this correct?
Which phone(s) are monitored?

Martin
Erez-LeviZarini
Hi,
All the phones are monitored.
The scenario happens even if the caller is not part of the pickup group or isn't monitored.
MartinFlynn
I have the same software versions as you and tested this used the JTAPI exerciser. I made a call from 40500 to 40502 and picked up the call at 40501. I see the following TerminalConnection states:

40500 - ACTIVE
40501 - ACTIVE
40502 - RINGING

These seem to be correct and are what I would expect.

Martin
Erez-LeviZarini
Exactly what I expect also.

Can i open a ticket about this to Avaya Support ? since it is a JTAPI issue they allways wants me to open to devconnect first.

It worked as you wrote on 6.3.
MartinFlynn
If you application has been compliance tested by Devconnect then your customer can open a ticket with Avaya Client Services and they wil investigate. If not, ACS will generally send you back to Devconnect.

I would suggest that you try to reproduce the behavior with the JTAPI exerciser. This would take the application out of the equation.

Martin
Erez-LeviZarini
hi

Attached screen shot from JTAPI excer release 7.1
Can i now open a ticket ?

• [Thumb - jtapi problem.png]
[Disk] Download
Erez-LeviZarini
Hi,

Tested at another customer with the following releases: aes - SW Version: 7.0.1.0.4.15-0
CM: CM Reports as: R016x.03.0.141.0

It work as expected on Pickup we get ACTIVE with Jtapi exersizer and my application code using TerminalConnection.getState()

just for information.
MartinFlynn
Why are there two terminal connections for t_5270?
Erez-LeviZarini
It is a display thing the JtapiEx doesn't remove the old tc on the extension from the Window view.
MartinFlynn
Avaya Client Services generally only investigate problems if an existing feature has been 'broken'. As you see different behaviour using the JTAPI exerciser after the upgrade, I think you can show that this may have happened Though it seems strange that I cannot reproduce your problem using basically the same versions of software.

So I think your customer should open a case with Avaya Client Services and ask them to investigate.
Go to:   
Mobile view