MarcusHuang
Is it ok to run 7.2 with AEP 7.0.2. Also what is the suggested run time environment for Tomcat/Java?
WilsonYu
Yes. Tomcat 8 and Java 8
MarcusHuang
Thanks Sir.
MarcusHuang
One more question Wilson, any impacts of using Microsoft server 2016 to run tomcat as the app server?
WilsonYu
No, as long as Tomcat is running fine.
MarcusHuang
Sorry a couple more questions.

So i loaded up AAOD 7.2 using the provided tomcat 8 and suggested java jdk 8 151. Imported 7.1 projects in, and if i use java 1.8 compliance in the compiler the apps have an error. If i use java 1.7 compiler compliance the errors go away, but there is one dbop file that has an error the other 8 dbops are fine. If i go into the flow and test the operation the dbop is running, it works fine and i see data getting written to the table.

1. What compliance should i be using with tomcat 8 java 8? If it is less than 1.8 will it work okay deployed on a tomcat server run time that has java 8 and tomcat 8 as the dependencies.

2. How do i get rid of the error on the 1 dbop operation file that is really not broken. I ran a clean, update context etc. Still it is showing error but works fine when i test it.
WilsonYu
I have not seen any error. I don't expect to see any error though. What is error? For strange compilation error, you may need to manually clean the project by use the menu Project->Clean... and let it rebuild.
MarcusHuang
i originally did a clean. I imported the project w/ compliance 1.8, there were no errors besides the dbop error. Restarted Eclipse, then all projects had errors. I did a clean on all projects, and the error on the problems tab said i needed to change compiler to 1.5. I changed it from 1.8 to 1.7 instead and it went away. Except the dbop error. I ended up making a change and changing the dbop back to the original table, and that error went away. Then i went in and changed the compiler back to 1.8 and now no errors. What i am noticing is that if i try to write out aai/uui on transfer in simulation the voice browser crashes at the end. This also happened in 7.1 Is there a way around that so the flow can complete.
WilsonYu
I have only seen an instance of the simulation crashing when the AAI was too long. You can play around with the length of the AAI and see if it changes anything.
MarcusHuang
Thanks for the insight.

I can test shortening it, but my uui length has not changed from version 6.0 to 7.0 to 7.01 to 7.1 and 7.0 and 7.01 never had the issue.
Go to:   
Mobile view