Kenji
Hi Team,

Can TSAPI Client for windows support SHA-2/SHA-256?
If yes, which version of TSAPI Client for windows can support SHA-2/SHA-256?

Actually, we tried to update the default certificate to new certificate which generated by SMGR with SHA-256.
However the NICE Unified(Windows) can not connect with CSTA-S connection.
Then we are finding TSAPI Client for windows which supported SHA-2/SHA-256.

For TSAPI Linux client, I confirmed below comments in "TSAPI and CVLAN Client and SDK Installation Guide".
However I can not find similar information for windows version.
-----
The TSAPI and CVLAN Linux client, installed on RHEL ES v7.2 system and later, will be able to
establish a secure connection to the CVLAN Service running on AE Services 7.1 server when
using certificates with SHA2, for example SHA256 signatures.
-----

Best regards, K.Yamahara
MartinFlynn
I do not have much expertise in this area but I checked this with my AES7.1 and TSAPI Client 7.1, using the auto-generated CA certificate from the AE Services. This cert is generated with SHA256. I was able to open a connection so I think I can say that TSAPI Client can handle SHA256 certs.

It may be that older clients don't support SHA256. It may depend on the version of OpenSSH the client uses or maybe the version of Windows.

There are a couple of tools that you can use to help debug certificate type problems.

1. A Wireshark trace will show the negotiations that take place. You can see the certificates being sent and the error code generated.

2. You can check your certificate using OpenSSL. You may need to download and install openSSL or cygwin onto your windows PC. There is some information on this in https://www.sslshopper.com/article-most-common-openssl-commands.html.

Martin
Kenji
Hi Martin-san,

Thank you for yor helpful reply.

I understood that TSAPI Client 7.1 for windows can handle SHA256 certs.
We will try to evaluate it with SHA256 certs.
Please close this ticket. If I need your help again, I will ask it as new ticket.

Thank you and regards, K.Yamahara
Go to:   
Mobile view