Sign in using DevConnect ID

Forgot password?

Trouble logging in?

Submit a ticket for Registration Support.

I have an SSO ID

?
sign in

Don't have a DevConnect or SSO ID ?

Create a DevConnect account or join the program.

register now
^
Forum Index » Avaya Breeze™ Client SDK - General » [Android] Searching Corporate Contact   XML

riza87

Hi All,

Currently I'm developing Android Client custom App. I want to explore the corporate contact searching. Is there any function/method to searching corporate directory (contact from AD/SMGR)? I want to implement searching all the contacts that stored in AD.

Regards,

Riza
Rumata

Hi Riza,

Thank you for your question.

You can do following:
1) set configuration for your directory provider to UserConfiguration instance (by using the setLDAPConfiguration(LDAPConfiguration ldapConfiguration) method)
2) Implement Data retrieval watcher as described here
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_client_sdk/programming_docs/current/android/communication/guide/displaying_local_contacts.gsp
3) Use the getContacts(DataRetrievalWatcher<Contact> watcher, ContactSourceType contactSourceType) method of the ContactService interface with contactSourceType=ContactSourceType.ENTERPRISE
riza87

Hi Rumata,

Thanks for your input.

I already implemented that method but still can't search contact from LDAP. I only can search the corporate contact that already save in my contact. Is need the AADS to search enterprise contacts from LDAP directory?
Rumata

Sorry, LDAP contact search is implemented for desktop platforms and doesn't work on mobiles. Yes, you can configure access to AADS by using the setACSConfiguration(ACSConfiguration acsConfiguration) method.
riza87

Hi Rumata,

Thanks for your reply. Oh I thought mobile can implemented searching corporate contact. For Windows I will implement that method.

Regards,

Riza
Rumata

I see. Unfortunately, you can only make feature request if direct access to LDAP server is required.

Go to: