JackKlaren
My main workflow uses CreateProcess which runs a seperate workflow with a REST Api call.
The REST Api task has an Error event and Timeout boundary event attached.

In ED 3.3 25042 this works fine.

Just upgraded to ED 33SP1 (25057) and now this flow, which previously worked in 25042, is no longer working.

In ED 25057 the Timeout Boundary Event, attached to the Rest Api Call, remains yellow (active).
The flow remains active in Admin Console and does not Complete, although the End Event is reached (all green blocks, including Rest Api block).
The main flow remains Active as well, as the CreateProcess step remains yellow (active) as well.

I noticed a remark about an issue with Timeout Boundary Event in the ED release notes.
Problem: Timeout Boundary event - TBE is not working
Workaround:
Reference:
WORKFLOW- 6153
Keywords: Timeout Boundary event

Is my problem perhaps related to this known problem? Will a patch be available (soon!)? 8)

See attachment for details of the REST API block.

• [Thumb - Timeout Boundary Event Bug.png]
[Disk] Download
AnuragAggarwal
This woudl be fixed in version 3.4 which woudl be GA in two weeks
JackKlaren
Ok thanks! Holding my breath... :wink:
JackKlaren
I noticed Breeze 3.4 is released.

But according to the Breeze 3.4 compatibility matrix, ED 3.3 does not work on Breeze 3.4.

So any ETA on ED 3.4?

NB: Currently running ED 3.3.0.0.25079 on Breeze 3.3.1.1 fixes the timeout issue, but I would like to use a GA version when it becomes available.
AnuragAggarwal
I checked with Vishal who is manager for ED

ED 3.4 GA is Dec 18, (already on PLDS…)
JackKlaren
OK, thanks for the update.

I guess I have to wait till Dec 18, as I am not able to find ED on PLDS at the moment, only Breeze 3.4. But that's ok.
JackKlaren
I can confirm the problem is fixed in ED 3.4.

Note that the Rest API task no longer supports a Timeout Boundary Event, but 2 extra timeout properties were added in 3.4.

Request:
It would be great to have an input mapping of these 2 timeout properties, so I am able to configure the timeout properties using mapped workflow properties.
Bill.Liu
Those two properties have been added in the input mapping. The next release, ED 3.4.1, should have this change.
JackKlaren
Great, Thanks!
JackKlaren
I did more testing in Breeze 3.4 related to Create Process and Timeout Boundary Events.

There is still an issue where a Timeout Boundary Event is launched incorrectly.

I will create a new topic and add some example workflows.
Go to:   
Mobile view