KwangjaeLee
Dear All,

According to the attached, the revised scenario can be deployed to the operation environment directly and in real time. But deploying the revised scenario to WAS causes in damaging the IVR port that is being serviced by the previous scenario application - the IVR service is stopped for the IVR port or hung.

Is there any way to avoid this unhappy situation while applying hot-deployment of the revised scenario application? Our test environment is TomCat.
Filename AAEP OD Deployment.doc [Disk] Download
RossYakulis
I have not actually seen that document before, but it is correct. You need to provide details of what is wrong and not just simply "port hung".

Please see: https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/19595.page

Did you do a test call using another number, validte the application.... and etc.
KwangjaeLee
As we cannot test in the production environment, the partner engineer and I tested it in the lab.

1. Changing the existing scenario with SVN setting (as previously attached "hot scenario deployment)
- Loading was file that is modified with SVN causes the disconnecting the existing call that was serviced with older application (SVN-1 version). Attached is the log file
2. Changing the project name instead of SVN setting
- It does not cause the existing call disconnection, but should do something that is needed for replacing the existing scenario application with the new one
Ex) project name change : TestScenario.1.0.0 -> TestScenario.1.0.1
It needs some additional tasks - removing TestScenario.1.0.0 war from WAS, and changing the existing VXMLURL to the new one.
  • [Thumb - ?????????2.png]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - ?????????.png]
[Disk] Download
RossYakulis
If the web application is reloaded while an application is executing, this disruppts the session hence the session lost while executing.
The instructions are to NOT alter the existing application until you are sure there are no calls being handled buy that application.

1) deploy a new copy of the applicaiton named A.v2 for example
2) configure A.v2 to handle calls. (alter the url and save)
3) at some later time, you can remove A.v1.
KwangjaeLee
Hi Ross,

What do you mean by A.v1 or A.v2? Do you mean SVN by v1 or v2? If you mean a different application name by them, your reply is correct. But my interest is to use the same application name except for SVN. It removes extra task - altering URL or removing the existing application from WAS.
RossYakulis
Av.1 is some application version one. Say I have an application called StockPrice. To create version 1. I create the application and check it into SVN. Then BEFORE I export the app I rename the app to StockPrice-v1 in the OD workspace and then export the application resulting in StockPrice-v1.war (or ear). To create version 2 I check out the StockPrice application, make any changes and check it back in. Then BEFORE I export the app I rename the app to StockPrice-v2 in the OD workspace and then export the application resulting in StockPrice-v2.war (or ear).
KwangjaeLee
Could you confirm that my understanding for your explanation is correct?

1. Application name on OD should be different from the previous version rather than different SVN (StockPrice-v1 --> StockPrice-v2)
2. Having a different SVN does not guarantee hot deployment without affecting application.war with lower SVN in WAS sever
3. As a new application name (for example, StockPrice-v2) should be created and export "the war file of the application (StockPrice-v2.war)" to WAS, (i)URL on EPM should be changed & (ii) the previous application (StockPrice-v1.war) removed from WAS

If my understanding above is correct, changing the existing application causes URL change & removal of the previous (old) application war file. Am I right?
RossYakulis
SVN is ?
KwangjaeLee
Hi Ross,

Are you asking me for SVN? Did you see the attached in my first email of our email loop? I has been saying SVN repeatedly in my email. What is your understanding? SVN is subversion that Eclipse provides.

I am looking for the solution based on SVN. Creating a new application with a different one that you said is not of my concern.
RossYakulis
Sorry the way you used it in the previous post momentairly confused me.

The way I would do it would be to keep the checked applicatoin name "StockPrice" in my example and then check out, rename and export as StockPrice-Vnn.

You could also start with an App, say Weather-V1 and check in as that name ("Weather-V1"), and export and deploy. Then to create version check out Weather-V1, rename, to Weather-V2 and checkin. then in SVN would you see 2 separate applications in the source tree as opposed to a single application with branches/tags.
KwangjaeLee
To summarize, there is no way to keep the application name unchanged in OD and export the same application name war to WAS without affecting the existing service. Am I right?

To conclude, the application hot deployment in the attached document in my first email (changing only SVN of the existing application without changing the application name) causes the affect of the existing service. Am I right?
RossYakulis
"To summarize, there is no way to keep the application name unchanged in OD and export the same application name war to WAS without affecting the existing service A I right?". Yes AFAIK.

"To conclude, the application hot deployment in the attached document in my first email (changing only SVN of the existing application without changing the application name) causes the affect of the existing service. Am I right?" I did not follow this comment. Please refer tot he instructions above or in the document.
KwangjaeLee
There is still misunderstanding between you and me.

My understanding is from hot deployment from the attached document in my first email.
1. No Change of Application Name in OD
2. Only change of SVN of Application
3. Change of Application logic
4. No service impact of the existing Application while loading a new changed Application (No change of Application Name / Only SVN changed) to WAS

The above is my understanding from the attached document, but I failed to execute "no impact of the service serviced from existing application" in the number 4. So, I raised this issue to this forum. My understanding from you communication is that the number 4 cannot be achieved without application name change.

Please say your understanding against the my ones above.
RossYakulis
Say I have an application called StockPrice. To create version 1. I create the application and check it into SVN. Then BEFORE I export the app I rename the app to StockPrice-v1 in the OD workspace and then export the application resulting in StockPrice-v1.war (or ear). To create version 2 I check out the StockPrice application, make any changes and check it back in. Then BEFORE I export the app I rename the app to StockPrice-v2 in the OD workspace and then export the application resulting in StockPrice-v2.war (or ear).
KwangjaeLee
Your answer is changing Application Name (Application Name on OD & Application Name.war to export to WAS).

My understanding is that hot deployment is said in the assumption that Application Name on OD or WAS is kept unchanged. I am attaching the other document that explains hot deployment (please see page 470). This document as well as the document attached in the my first request does not say that Application Name is changed for hot deployment.
Filename OrchestrationDesignerDeveloper'sGuide.pdf [Disk] Download
Go to:   
Mobile view