GChagnon
Good morning,

Does anyone have a PP that provides examples on how to define ED Routing Rules??

I am trying to invoke a Call Intercept WF with no success with r3.3. It worked fine with r3.2 but obviously the configuration has changed with the latest version of Breeze.

In traceSM, Breeze shows the following:
- my call coming in a terminating Phase
- Getting Service List
- No explicit Template found
- No implicit user pattern match

My observation is that the ED rules would apply to the Explicit Template and I have tried just many permutations for the Event Type Call_Intercept_From_Calling_Party. Trying both the Called Party handle or the Calling Party handle.

Obviously, I am missing something basic (again) which will result in me banging my head on my desk.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Gabriel
JoelEzell
Hi Gabriel,

In order to invoke call intercept workflows with Breeze/ED 3.3, it is necessary to have the ED snap-in itself in the service profile where you would have put your Workflow with 3.2 and previous. Please give that a try and see if things work for you.
GChagnon
Hi Joel,

I should has said earlier that I did find that part in the documentation (sorry).

Thus in the Breeze tab, I created a Service Profile in which ED is the only service assigned.

Thanks,

Gabriel
JoelEzell
One thing that I noticed is that you said that the INVITE arrived in the "terminating" phase, but that you were expecting for an Explicit template to be invoked. Is this a true Call Intercept use case of a call to a human user, or is it a Callable Service where the workflow itself is the target of the call?

If it is a Called Party Call Intercept workflow, I'd expect for the following to be true:
- The Breeze SIP Entity is in an application sequence along with Communication Manager
- Communication Manager is the last application in sequence
- ED is in a service profile
- On the user screen:
- The application sequence referenced above is assigned to the user
- The service profile referenced above is assigned to the same user (option 1)
- Option 2: an implicit user pattern is defined to match the called user's number, and that pattern has the service profile assigned to it.
- INVITEs routed to Breeze would be in the imsterm phase

If it's a Callable Service workflow, I'd expect for the following to be true:
- Breeze need not be in an application sequence
- A Route would be defined with a pattern that matches the callable service number
- That Route would be configured with the Breeze SIP Entity as the target
- ED is in a service profile as the only application
- An implicit user pattern is defined to match the called workflow's number, and that pattern has the service profile assigned to it.
- INVITEs routed to Breeze would be in the terminating phase.

The mix of phase=terminating and explicit sequencing doesn't seem right.

GChagnon
Thank you Joel for the very explicit instructions - my WF as a Callable Service is invoked now!!!

I deleted my implicit user profile during my various attempts to get this working. Is there a document that talks to what you explained as I have not been able to find one. Also is there a document that explains the context for the various Event Types of the Event Catalog??

Best wishes for the season to all who are reading this!!

Gabriel
JoelEzell
Gabriel, it's great to hear that you got it working! Check out the "Callable snap-in deployment checklist" on page 31 of our admin guide: https://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/7abfdc07-5daa-4abc-9c0d-44cf0ea8c17d. This looks to have a superset of my instructions. Let me know if you find that it could be improved.

We could do a better job of documenting all of the events in the catalog. Most of them are related to Oceana. Are there any in particular that piqued your interest?
GChagnon
Good afternoon Joel,

I downloaded the document and went through the section in question. It does provide the how but not necessary the why!

Let me explain and this is funny (now)!

After I got my Callable Service WF to work, I went and deleted the various Routing Rules (RR) I had tried and obviously deleted the one that worked. It took me some time to figure that the WF could only be invoked if the RR was set to CALL_INTERCEPT_TO_CALLED_PARTY.

My memory (and my recollection may be incorrect) of the same WF on breeze 3.2 was that it was configured as CALL_INTERCEPT_FROM_CALLING_PARTY. So as it stands I am now using CALL_INTERCEPT_TO_CALLED_PARTY for my various WF since I believe that CALL_INTERCEPT_FROM_CALLING_PARTY cannot be used (or I have yet to figure how to use it correctly).

Your thoughts,

Gabriel

JoelEzell
Hi Gabriel. CALL_INTERCEPT_FROM_CALLING_PARTY is meant to be used for applications that are invoked on the behalf of users making calls. Workflows that have this as a start event would only be kicked off if Breeze is in the origination application sequence for all calllers. If you want for the workflow to be invoked anytime anybody in the world calls the associated number, then this start event is not the one to use.

Does that make sense?
GChagnon
Thank you Sir!

This explains the why I could not get it working - LOL!
Go to:   
Mobile view