MCDeveloper
Hi,
I am trying to upgrade my OD 7.0 code to OD 7.10.12.02.
I have imported the source code, regenerated and re exported properly with the new libraries.

But, when I try to call my application, it fails to load the Start page. the a Null pointer exception.

What I have already checked:
- "verify" from AEP works, app is reachable
- the validation jsp page says all dependencies are present.
- runtime license is valid

I have another application running on the same tomcat that I have upgraded to this same OD version and that one works.
What could be wrong on this one?

Trace and AppRoot java code attached.

Thank you so much!
Filename traceNullPointer.log [Disk] Download
Filename AppRoot.java [Disk] Download
WilsonYu
It looks like your project was started from OD 5 and never been upgraded to 6.0, which would have added some variable fields named with the "exit" prefix. You can check in the project.variables to see if you indeed are missing the following fields in the session variable:

exitCustomerId
exitInfo1
exitInfo2
exitParentId
exitPreferredPath
exitReason
exitTopic

One remedy I can think of is hand-editing the project.variables file in the text editor to add in the fields manually. You can copy the content from the project.variables file from another project created either in OD 6 or 7.0 or 7.1. Look for the field names and copy the whole xml content into the project.variables file that is missing the fields in the same position as it is in the source file.
MCDeveloper
Hi Wilson,

Thank you for your quick response. Actually, this was my bad.... both my projects were built with 7.0 and when imported it to 7.1, OD asked me to update workspace and I have selected "YES" but one of them was closed I guess. And then it was failing because it never got something updated even though I was generating it and exporting it properly.

Problem fixed after updating workspace with project opened.

Thanks again! I will close this.
Go to:   
Mobile view