AdeelurrehmanFarooqui
I am almost done with every required item to build my app, but now i have noticed that sometime for some reason, xmlHandler.readXMLMessage(); returns wrong XML.. like following.. it seems that response is including some part of next message and some times initial part of xml is missing...

start["l version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<StopEvent xmlns="http://www.ecma-international.org/standards/ecma-323/csta/ed3"><monitorCrossRefID>543</monitorCrossRefID><connection><deviceID typeOfNumber="other" mediaClass="voice" bitRate="constant">483:procr:192.168.104.54:0</deviceID></connection><message>0</message><length>6987</length><currentPosition>2</currentPosition><cause>normal</cause><extensions><privateData><private><ns1:PlayMessagePrivateData xmlns:ns1="http://www.avaya.com/csta" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="ns1:PlayMessagePrivateData"><ns1:playMessage>Menu_Event_Greeting.wav</ns1:playMessage><ns1:fileList>Menu_Event_Greeting.wav</ns1:fileList></ns1:PlayMessagePrivateData></private></privateData></extensions></StopEvent> ?"] end

in above Exception:Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
Start[q0411<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ToneRetrievalCriteriaResponse xmlns="http://www.avaya.com/csta"/>] end

now in above whole q0411 is additionally received.

please suggest.
Filename 20180118Other.txt [Disk] Download
JohnBiggs
What release of the DMCC SDK are you working with? Have you tried the most recent SDK version?
Why are you working directly with the XML and not the normal monitor handlers?
Please disable emoticons when posting XML.

Can you reproduce the problem with some sequence of actions?
I note that the monitor ID is 543, is it safe to say that your application instance has been running for a 'long' time (at least a couple of thousand messages) when you see the problem?
AdeelurrehmanFarooqui
yes app works for long time with multiple channels, i cant reproduce, actually i dont know when app will crash, it just starts happening any time.

after investigation by writing xml in log files i found that xmlHandler.readXMLMessage(); is returning wrong output and what make samples logic crashed.

i used provided sample code, RPTC it was like this.
JohnBiggs
So do you USE (read that NEED) readXMLMessage in the app, or is it just there to assist with debugging?

I am sure both of our guesses is that there is some form of pointer corruption happening with how it stores and makes events available to the application. The method is not intended to be a replacement for the 'normal' handlers. It is in there to allow the application to access the raw XML in case there is stuff in messages that the event handlers do not properly expose to the application, and for logging purposes. If you want to code in 'raw' XML you should be using the XML version of the SDK, not the DMCC version IMHO.

You didn't answer my are you running the most recent version of the SDK question. You should be able to substitute in the SDK with the newest version without making any changes to your app (just a rebuild).

While I am not aware of a problem with the method, the best way to get the attention of the R&D team is to say the problem is seen with the latest and greatest version of their code (and make it reproducible). Can you create a simple app that repeatedly does a sequence of operations that exist in your app that encounters the issue?

i used provided sample code, - well it is just sample code, the expectation is that the developer needs to harden it if they are going to use it in a production setting, and I perceive you used it as a starting point as opposed to you are running it as it came out of the SDK.

RPTC it was like this. - I don't know what you mean.
AdeelurrehmanFarooqui
Thanks John, you corrected my direction.

no need to interact directly with XML, i upgraded to latest version and managed my make my app working..

Thanks Again.
Love
Go to:   
Mobile view