DustinFlegel
Hi. I'm trying to create a grammar in Orchestration Designer 7.1 that accepts digits then either # as a terminating character or ** to terminate. I've got 2 columns in my grammar the first column is the numbers 0 through 9 which allows repeat of 0-16, and then in my second column, I have # (Repeat set to 1) and * (Repeat set to 2).

When I run the app in my Dev environment, the grammar seems to terminate perfectly when pressing #, however, when I press **, I have to wait about 5 seconds until the grammar returns. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone else had this issue? How do I get ** to respond the same way # does?

Thanks in advance for help,
Dustin
  • [Thumb - capture3.JPG]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - capture1.jpg]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - capture2.jpg]
[Disk] Download
WilsonYu
"#" is a terminating character by default. You may need to play around with the timeouts. The following link should give you an idea how the timing works:

https://www.w3.org/TR/voicexml20/#dmlATiming
DustinFlegel
The tricky thing here is, the client, for some reason takes forever to enter single digits. They want interdigit timeouts around 10s, but they want the # or ** to end the DTMF collection immediately and move on to the next input field. I thought for sure the way I have this grammar configured would work, but the # only seems to respond immediately.

Anyone know of a hack or work-around?
RossYakulis
the problem is that you are collecting a variable number of digits and per the spec only a single termination character is supported.
DustinFlegel
Thank you. I appreciate the clarification. I'll work with the customer on this.
Go to:   
Mobile view