Andrew.Prokop
Where can I find documentation and examples of how to use the new IVR task? I've read through the help, but I am still unclear as to how to use it. An example workflow or video would be fantastic!
Bill.Liu
Hi Andrew, If you already had the "Play Announcement" and "Play and Collect" task working in your setup then you should be able to try the IVR task, which would do the similar things, e.g. play prompts and collect inputs, via VoiceXML. Otherwise, you need to make sure that you have Avaya Media Server and a speech server, e.g. Nuance, in your setup.
Attached please find a WFD example.
Filename BillIVR34Language.xml [Disk] Download
Andrew.Prokop
Thanks, Bill. I tried to import the workflow, but I am running a 3.3 lab and get an error saying I need 3.4.
Bill.Liu
That was built with 3.4 where the IVR task was moved to a separate task bundle. please try this one attached.
Filename BillIVRLanguage.xml [Disk] Download
Bill.Liu
Hi Andrew, you might need to modify the WFD to use TTS only as you do not have the pre-recorded audio file in your AMS.
Andrew.Prokop
Looking at the workflow, it seems to me that it does use TTS. Both tasks set TTS for the "Audio or TTS" prompt.

I tried to run it, but I hear "A serious error has occurred" when it tries to run the first IVR task.
Bill.Liu
Do you have TTS server configured on AMS? Again, please try to have the Play Announcement and Play and Collect tasks work first in your setup if you know how to use them well.
Andrew.Prokop
I can do Play Announcement and Play and Collect on my Breeze system. For fun, I added the two tasks before the first IVR. They work and then I get the "A Serious Error has Occurred" when it gets to the IVR task.
Bill.Liu
Then you need to configure MRCP to use the same TTS server. Screenshots attached.
  • [Thumb - AMS-MRCP-added-fr-CA.png]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - AMS MRCP server settings2.png]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - AMS MRCP server settings.png]
[Disk] Download
Bill.Liu
More screenshots.
  • [Thumb - AMS vxml settings.png]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - AMS vxml settings 2.png]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - AMS-MRCP-pool-added-fr-CA.png]
[Disk] Download
Andrew.Prokop
This is a collaboratory lab (103). Shouldn't this have already been done?
Bill.Liu
Not likely, as no one would need MRCP without actually using VXML. The fact that you heard that error message is a good indication that AMS was not configured properly for VXML.
ValerieH
The collaboratory team is looking into this and will configure as needed.
Andrew.Prokop
Thank you, Valerie. I was a little over my head in configuring that.
Bill.Liu
Hi Andrew, It works now after we fixed the configurations, but the speech server supports only one language, en-US. I created a simple WFD, testIVR, and tested it. The WFD I sent you last time has fr-CA prompt configured in its second IVR task and it is a language selection use case, so you would need to modify it.
Go to:   
Mobile view