Jkrusic
Hello,

Quick Summary:
Via SMS we can add skills automatically without needing the agent to logout and login back in for changes to take affect. However, when attempting to identify the proper procedure to remove a skill from an agent we cannot. In the end we want to be able to add skills to agents on the fly without requiring the agent to do anything (which it appears 6.3 supports) along with removing on the fly (where the issue is)

Adding:
Model: Agent
Operation: Change
SL: 2 | position 2
SN: 2 | position 2
Qualifier: 2000 auto

However, everything I have tried in-order to remove the SN: 2 ends up with having to delete the agent. Additionally, when removing "auto" is not supported.

Does SMS support removal of skills from agents?
MichaelHerman2
Please try the following example to remove SN and SL 2 from the agent:

Model: Agent
Operation: Change
Qualifier: 2000

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<modelFields>
<Agent>
<SL position="2"> </SL>
<SN position="2"> </SN>
</Agent>
</modelFields>
Jkrusic
Hello,

I did attempt this previously and tried again and it does not make any changes. The skills still remain. No error codes on return, status = 0.

Thank you
MichaelHerman2
hmm... I just tested the sample provided against my own systems and I was able to successfully remove a skill from a logged in agent. I tested in both 6.3 and 7.1 environments running the latest patches/service packs. Are you attempting the change from your own application or via the SMS Interactive Test page provided with AES (https://[AESIP]/smsxml/smsxml_test.php)? If using your own app, please attempt the change from the test page to see if your results are any different.

If you have the issue when using the test page in your lab environment, then you can open a Technical Support ticket for a more in-depth investigation including reviewing the logs. Please note, this would likely require a paid membership.

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/ticket/technicalTicket

Best Regards.
Jkrusic
Hello,

Interesting, I was also going directly to the SMS test page, to bypass any possible issues with code etc. I wonder if there is an issue with our patch level.

Sitting on: Software Version: R016x.03.0.124.0 (SP17)
MichaelHerman2
In my 6.3 environment, my CM is also on SP17, so I don't believe it's an issue with the patch level. My AES is on 6.3.3 Super Patch 9.
Jkrusic
Update:

So I reattempted the XML, and noticed you had a space between opening and the closing of both the SL and SN and it worked. Now the next question comes, if the end user is logged into the phone when removing a skill do they still require to logout and log back in, in-order for the skill change to be completed.
MichaelHerman2
Great... glad that's working now.

Yes, unfortunately agents will still need to log out and back in to receive the updates for any skill changes that were made while they were logged in.
Go to:   
Mobile view