BrunoFelthes2
Hi Team,

I can monitor an extension using the subscription endpoint, with the follow json:

{
"family":"REST CALL",
"eventTypes":[],
"callbackUrl":"https://example.com",
"filter":
{
"user":"84720",
"criteria":[],
"ignoreCaseCriteria":[],
"additionalProperties":{}
},
"additionalProperties":{}
}

Can I change this body to subscribe to receive events for all call at a VDN, or using the Universal Call ID?
JoelEzell
Hi Bruno, unfortunately VDNs cannot be monitored using ECC, only stations.
BrunoFelthes2
Hi Joel,

Calls and Agents can't be monitored too?
JoelEzell
Correct, only station numbers. ECC was targeted towards UC use cases with an eye towards simplicity, so it's lacking many of the features of AES APIs.
1buckeyefan
are there other ways to subscribe stations for ecc events? Something in the system manager for breeze?
JoelEzell
System Manager is used to provision the station range for the UCAStoreService snap-in. For the 3.3 release of EEC, this process is described in step 9 on page 36 of the ECC reference document: https://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/ea749e7c-55af-4856-88ba-dfdff46e8fb6. For the 3.4 release of ECC, this process is described in step 4 on page 35 of the ECC reference document: https://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/8353d4e3-26d8-4057-b7ee-b5ce46b460c5

Applications then must dynamically subscribe for events for individual stations. There is no way to avoid the API invocation for subscriptions.
1buckeyefan
can the subscription be done using just a url or must we post some json code to the service in order to subscribe?
JoelEzell
There's no need to provide any code, but you do have to form a JSON body for the subscription request. One of the elements in the JSON body would be a callback URL for subscription notifications. The easiest way to understand this would probably be to check out the Web Call Controller sample app.

I also noticed that I mistakenly referred to the UAC snap-in rather than the UCA Store snap-in. I'll edit that response to clarify.
1buckeyefan
yeah I've been using the web call controller but it doesn't give any insight into what urls are being used for various requests.
JoelEzell
Have you looked at the source code? I would think that this would give pretty good insight into the URLs used. Do you have any specific questions about URLs?
1buckeyefan
I'm using postman to run my tests. Do you have an example of a URL that would subscribe an extension for all events?

Also- the call back url? I keep getting an invalid URL in my requests.
JoelEzell
I assume you've downloaded and unzipped the ECC SDK? If so, have you looked at the REST API Docs at a URL like this?

file:///C:/temp/Avaya-ECC-SDK-3.4.0.0.340003/Avaya-ECC-SDK/ECC-API-Docs/REST-API-Docs/index.html

If you open up that page, you should see a Create Subscription link that has samples such as the following:

Request URL: /services/EventingConnector/subscriptions (this would be preceeded by the Breeze Cluster IP/FQDN, or your Breeze server IP if a single node cluster)

Sample Body:
{
"family" :"REST CALL",
"callbackUrl":"http(s)://ip/EventListener",
"filter" : {
"user":"cm_station_1234"
}
}

You'd obviously replace the callbackUrl with one that matches your event listener. Note that this must be a real functioning URL with at least a simple web server listening for the events. If Breeze doesn't get a 200 OK back from any POST messages sent to this URL, you'll see an error response to your subscription request.
Go to:   
Mobile view