Russell

Hi, I'm using Avaya Aura Application Enablement Services DMCC .NET SDK to connect to AES.

I'm connecting securely, with a certificate installed and TLS1.0 enabled in AES.

My problem is that once I disable tls 1.0 and 1.1 in AES web interface - network - tcp/tls I can no longer connect.

I'm not seeing a way to tell serviceProvider what version of TLS to use (I see theres a protocol option, but all we have there is "http://www.ecma-international.org/standards/ecma-323/csta/ed3/priv3" so doubt it's that - I think that tells it what version of AES or higher?)

My code looks something like this:
_serviceProvider.StartApplicationSession(_settings.AesIPAddress,
_settings.AesPort, "My App",
_settings.DmccUserName, _settings.DmccPassword, 5, 180,
// 4.2 protocol version
"http://www.ecma-international.org/standards/ecma-323/csta/ed3/priv3",
_settings.IsSecureSession, null, true, true,
certificateCallback)

AesPort is 4722 and IsSecureSession is True. Certificate, Username, Password, IP Address all work as tested with TLS1.0 enabled.

The error I get is:
"Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream"

I've also tried calling the following before trying to start the application session:

System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = SecurityProtocolType.Tls12;

Is it even possible to force a connection over Tls1.2 using the SDK or am I forced to use 1.0. We're trying to make our connection more secure.

I am currently using an older version of the SDK as we support Aura 6.5 and later so I dont want to change SDK versions unless I absolutely have no choice.

I couldt find any obvious options in later SDK's but I could have missed them.

Any advice would be appreciated
MartinFlynn
Hi Russell,

I think your problem may be due to the version of .Net framework being used by the SDK. Older versions of the DMCC SDK use .Net version 2.0 which does not support TLS1.2. You would need to upgrade to DMCC version 7.0 or later which is built on .Net 4.5.

Martin
Russell
MartinFlynn wrote:Hi Russell,

I think your problem may be due to the version of .Net framework being used by the SDK. Older versions of the DMCC SDK use .Net version 2.0 which does not support TLS1.2. You would need to upgrade to DMCC version 7.0 or later which is built on .Net 4.5.

Martin

Thank you Martin - I still need to double check that no other settings were changed over the weeked but it looks like you're right. I've substituted the 7.0 ServiceProvider.dll and it looks like it works.

That has of course opened up another can of worms I'll have to work through, but at least it explains why I couldnt get 1.2 working.
Go to:   
Mobile view