RohanThivy
I am trying to built a dynamic task that I can utilize in engagement designer that will take an array of telephone numbers(total number of phones numbers are unknown) and make a call to all these users . I would like to follow this up with another dynamic task that will play an announcement to all these calls that are made.
Is this possible? Any guidance would be appreciated.
AnuragAggarwal

currently if you want to make calls and play announcements one by one, you can create a number variable, and doing something like

start number=0

gateway (number <array.lenth) -> make call to ith, play annoucement to ith

(default) -> exit

this would play announcments one by one

* if want to play at same time, you can have two flows

flow one would pick ith element as above, and raise event with that data

flow two would start with the above event and do call and announcement
RohanThivy
Sorry I am little lost. Can this be done just in engagement designer using one of the gateways. How would I increment the counter?

I can add the gateway and also add the condition(number<Array.length) on the arrow going towards Make Call. But I don't see a method to increment that number. Each time I try to debug I get an error on the gateway Error Stepping over.
AnuragAggarwal
there is assign task available which you can use to increment counter, in output mapping of assign task you can map counter -> counter, and then double click on mapping created. This would open up an expression editor, there you can put value counter+1
PrakashN
Rohan,

As Anurag indicated below, while there are ways available to do what you want to do, what exactly is the use case you are trying to solve? When you "Make Call" to a series of numbers, you are literally going to have to deal with that many UCIDs that you will be getting. What is more, if you are making a call, playing an announcement in a loop... and if your announcement is... let us say, 15 seconds long, and if you have 10 numbers in your array, by the time you reach the last number in the array, it would have been 150+ seconds since you started the workflow. Is that what you are trying to achieve? There may be other ways to achieve your case if you can describe what you want to do with this dynamic task that takes an array of numbers as input to make outbound calls. Thanks!

- Prakash.

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
RohanThivy
Thank you Anurag,

I have managed to get the workflow working with multiple calls being initiated at the same time using a Create Event to initiate a Make Call workflow.

Prakash my use case is a type of Dynamic team formation application so simultaneous calls was a must to reduce time to run. The only thing I was wondering about is how to maintain a record of the status of these calls, are there global variables that exist in Engagement Designer, Or would I have to store my status in a external database.
Go to:   
Mobile view