AaronFracht-Monroe [Avatar]

Hello,

I was wondering what the expected behavior of TSAPI would be in the following scenario. (See attached picture)

Extension 5511, 6511, or 7511 are analog stations on an Avaya CM. Those users call a VDN and are routed to an Avaya Elite agent logged in using a 9608 / H.323 phone on a central ‘hub PBX’. The PBXs are connected via a SIP trunk. TSAPI client is monitoring ext 2110. The TSAPI information for the call does not have the CallingNumber or CalledNumber data.

If a call is made from ext 2511 (analog phone on the ‘hub PBX’) the TSAPI information for calling/called ID is presented over TSAPI.

• [Thumb - TSAPI-Drawing.png]
[Disk] Download
MartinFlynn
Are the Called & Calling number fields empty or do they contain a Dynamic ID (something like T478#3)?

Martin

Hi Martin,
The Calling/Called number fields are empty.
MartinFlynn
That's a but odd. Normally, AE Services will fill in a Dynamic ID if none is provided by Communication Manager. So maybe Communication Manager is sending blank numbers. My guess is that the numbering plan may not be configured correctly.

I also notice that your diagram indicates that the switches are connected directly, without using a Session Manager. I am not sure if this is a supported configuration. Though, I should point out that I'm not very knowledgeable in this area.

If this system is in production, I suggest you contact Avaya Client Services, they may be able to advise. If it's a lab, then you should be able to open a Technical Support ticket on Devconnect. One of my colleagues may be able to help you to investigate.

Martin

Would it make a difference if the Avaya Elite Agent is using a 9408 H.323 vs 9408 SIP phone?
MartinFlynn
I presume you mean 9608 phones. In this case, I do not think it would make a difference, assuming the firmware on the phone is recent enough.

There is a table of supported SIP phones in "Avaya Aura Application Enablement Services Overview and Specification".

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view