ZackariyaMoulana
Hi Guys,

I would like to check how to go about renaming a main application and its modules.

Lets say I have 1 main application and 4 of its modules like below,

Appname_main
Appname_Module1
Appname_Module2
Appname_Module3
Appname_Module4

and I want to change them to below names,

New_Appname_main
New_Appname_Module1
New_Appname_Module2
New_Appname_Module3
New_Appname_Module4

Can I just do it using Refactor and then Rename for each application or is there any other better way to do it?

I have about 1 main application and 37 modules in my real life scenario.

Thanks
Zackariya
RossYakulis
I would not recomment that, it will just cause you grief.

If you must. After you rename your modules, A) reexport (deeploy into the reusable modules directory), B you will need to hand edit the main flow file and update the names there and in the web.xml file, C) refresh your project, D) regenerate the project, and E) remove the old modules from <eclipse_home>/DialogDesigner/Modules.

ZackariyaMoulana
Thanks Ross! I must do it for a another project.. No way for me ;(

" B you will need to hand edit the main flow file and update the names there and in the web.xml file,"

I didn't get the above part. Can you tell me which main flow file you are taking about?

Thanks
Zackariya
RossYakulis
What I would suggest is try this process out on a simple project first. Create a module project "BModule" and export to the modules directory. Then create "AMain" that uses "BModule". Now rename "Bmodule" to "XModule", and then export it to the reusable modules directory. Now delete the Bmodule from the reusable modules directory. Open (in your favorite text editor) the main.flow file in "AMain" and replace references of "Bmodule" with "XModule". Same for the web.xml file.

<FlowNode class="com.avaya.sce.callflow.internal.appflow.Module" id="3" version="3.1">
<Property name="FlowNodeEditPart.WidgetX" value="215"/>
<Property name="FlowNodeEditPart.WidgetY" value="28"/>
<Property name="ModuleTypeID" value="ZMod"/>
<Property name="ModuleCallType" value="Subdialog"/>
<Property name="Name" value="ZMod1"/>
<FlowItem class="com.avaya.sce.callflow.internal.flowitem.Module" id="4" version="1.2">
<ItemProperties/>
<ChildItems>
<FlowItem class="com.avaya.sce.callflow.internal.flowitem.Submit" id="5" version="1.2">
<ItemProperties>
<Property name="LinkedNodeID" value="6"/>
</ItemProperties>
<ChildItems/>
</FlowItem>
</ChildItems>
</FlowItem>
</FlowNode>

ZackariyaMoulana
Thanks Ross! I guess this is going to be a hell lot of work this way as we have 37 modules and each module refer one way or the other... Basically our requirement is that we are building a new project with the existing application. But we dare not to touch the original applications as this may serve as redundancy purpose if incase our new project go wrong.

What we think of other way is creating another tomcat instance(that's what we use) in the same server with different port. But that's the last thing we want to do.

Is there any other better way that you guys come across or creating another tomcat is the way forward?

Thanks again!
Zackariya
Go to:   
Mobile view