rangari
Hi,

I have configured my database in Avaya System manager. Also Created JDBC data source for my database under Configuration.
When I click on 'Test Connection' button , Getting "Array index out of range: -1".
Right now, I am not using any Validation query inside JDBC data source But still getting same error.

I have also try with Validation query inside JDBC data source, but getting same error.

I have also attached the screenshot of error.

Please suggest me right path.

Thanks in advance.
  • [Thumb - Error.png]
[Disk] Download
Bill.Liu
Hi Rangari,

What do you mean by "configured my database in Avaya System manager"? What type of DB server is it? Can you access it from other client, e.g. DB tools?

Can you please provide detail configuration information of your JDBC Providers and JDBC Sources? BTW, as shown on the error message window, you need to reboot all the nodes in the cluster after you configured/modified the JDBC Sources.

Rgds,
Bill
rangari
Hi Bill,

Thanks for replying 'configured my database in Avaya System manager' means , I have added JDBC Provider in System manager.
Also, I am using Oracle DB. Also, I am able to access it through client tools.

Below are the details of JDBC Providers:

Name: Test
ClassName: oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource
JarFile: Ojdbc7.jar

Please let me know your thougts

Thanks
Vishal-Avaya
Did you reboot all Breeze instances as recommended?
Bill.Liu
Screenshots of JDBC Providers and JDBC Sources configuration please. You may cover/erase sensitive info on the picture.
JackKlaren
You have to fill in the Validation Query, in order to test the connection.

Just enter: SELECT 1

and try again.

See PDF: Administering Avaya Breeze, table: Sample configuration for database providers
1buckeyefan
I'm getting the same error when trying to map the output schema. My test connection worked without error but when I try to map the output I'm getting the error

error getting output schema for read db task: java.lang.arrayindexoutofbounds exception: arrary index out of range:1
JackKlaren
Hi 1buckeyefan

Are you sure your query returns data?

You can test the output resultset with something like this:
ReadDbTaskOutputSchema["resultSet"].length > 0

1buckeyefan
that was my problem. I didn't have a query defined. I assumed the system would allow me to map the schema without a query, basically read the schema of the database and create the required variables to interact with the DB. Too much to ask for I guess.
JackKlaren
Ah yes, you need that query. :P

After you have entered the query (and perhaps substituting parameter values with ? in your query), you have to generate your input and output schema and continue with input and output mapping.
ragow
Hi even i am facing problem while connecting Advanced Segmentation to new DB (Sql Server).
We are updating our 2008 DB to 2016. So after we pointed the Ad Seg to new DB, it is not reflecting. We refreshed and started the ORB servers but no luck. Am i missing something?

Please let me know

Thanks
Go to:   
Mobile view