sanjay.kumar
Hello
I am using the DMCC .net API for developing the CTI application. Please help me for one point as below-
I want to Login the Hardphone/Softphone with Extension using the DMCC .net API. But i am not getting the way to implement this feature.
So please guide me for same.
MartinFlynn
I think you are asking how to use DMCC to have a user logged in at a particular hardphone/softphone. This is not possible. DMCC can be used in one of the following ways:

o A DMCC terminal can be registered at an extension number AS WELL AS a deskphone/softphone. This allows the application to control the hardphone/softphone - place it off-hook, press buttons etc.. It can also get the state of the display and lamps of the hardphone/softphone and receive the same audio.

o A DMCC terminal can be registered INSTEAD OF a hardphone/softhpone. This was the application can be a softphone and perform all the functions that a softphone can.

Martin
MartinFlynn
Or could you be talking about Hot-desking or IP-hoteling, as described by the FAQ "What is Hot-Desking?" on the AE Services General FAQ page https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_application_enablement_services/support/faq/index.gsp#490
Ahmadqadri
1) So does this mean that there is no way to login and logout an Extension using DMCC ?
2) If thats the case, can I start monitoring an extension before its logged in and get notified when it gets logged in via one x or hardphone?
3) As far as Hot-desking or IP-hoteling is concerned, it requires an extension to be already logged in. right?
MartinFlynn
1. You can use DMCC to write a softphone application. This can login. However, it is not possible to use DMCC to login a deskphone or another softphone.

2. Yes. You can listen for EndpointRegistered events

3. What do you have in mind?

Martin
Ahmadqadri
Thanks for the reply.

Your answer on question 2:
Creating a softphone using dmcc? Does this means using dmcc I can create something that will work on its own. Without the need of one x or a physical phone.
MartinFlynn
That is correct.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view