rangari
Hello,

I have created one engagement designer application with the name 'A' that performs some database query and gives the result.
Now, I want to use my engagement designer application with the name 'A' in other engagement designer application say in 'B'.

So, how can I achieve this functionality.

Thanks in advance.

AnuragAggarwal
There is a create process task which you can use

deploy A

in B, use cretae process, you can specify A as the application to call
rangari
Thanks Anurag for your reply.
One more question Can I return some value from A and use in B?

Thanks
AnuragAggarwal
yes, please put json schema of whatever you return in A in the B-> create process task -> output schema

in A, whatever you return in end event would be passed to B
rangari
Thanks, I will let you know if I get some issue or If I get success
rangari
Hi Anurag,

I have one more question for you. Can I use Breeze Snap-in in Engagement designer application. If yes, then how can I achieve this.

Thanks for your help.
AnuragAggarwal
our termonoligies may differ, what do you mean by breeze snap-in, can you please explain more
rangari
Actually, i have created one engagement designer application. I want to use this application as a snap-in in other applications like reusable module.
So the question is can I use my engagement designer application as a snap-in in other flows.
Or can you explain me the difference between snap-in and engagement designer application

Thanks
AnuragAggarwal
The architecture is, breeze is platform, it can have snap ins, ED is one of the snap in

ED in turn can have workflows, which I think you are referring to as applications

Good way to communicate between snapins and ED workflows is the eventing mechanism

you can say in your workflow - that start your workflow if this certain event A is raised, and when workflow is done raise another event B (in end event)

from some other snapin, you can raise A- it would start the workflow- when workflow ends - B would be raised, your snap in can listen for B
rangari
Thanks for replying.

So is there a way that I can use my ED work flow as a snap-in?
PrakashN
Workflows cannot be deployed as a snapin. Can you describe what exactly are you trying to achieve here? Workflows can be deployed and undeployed only through the Administration Console. Thanks!

- Prakash.

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
rangari
Actually, I want to use my Engagement Designer application in
pallete of Engagement Designer flow.
PrakashN
As Anurag indicated above, there seems to be some misunderstanding with the terminologies here. What I understand from your response is this:
(1) You have a workflow that does something for you.
(2) You want to reuse that workflow in other workflows - that is why you are asking whether you can add it into the palette.

While you cannot add the workflows into the palette, you can achieve what you are looking for here by following the suggestion that Anurag mentioned above:

(1) Create a workflow that does something for you. Let us call it Workflow A.
(2) Finish Workflow A, validate, test and deploy it.
(3) Create another workflow, let us call it Workflow B.
(4) Use the Create Process task in Workflow B to call Workflow A from B.
(5) Validate and deploy Workflow B.

Now you can create as many workflows like Workflow B that keep calling Workflow A (hence you are reusing Workflow A) through Create Process task.

Does this answer your question? Please let us know. Thanks!

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
Go to:   
Mobile view