eLVeeJay
I'm new to IP Office (still learning what it's all about).

I have a DMCC interface for Avaya AES, and my customer asks for use of IP Office using TAPI and DevLink3.
It seems to me, that TAPI and DevLink3 together can do what DMCC can...so I'm now curious as to wether I really need to reinvent the wheel. Can IP Office live without an AES? Because if not, then I can just as well tell them to use my DMCC interface. If yes, then I wonder if I can use DMCC against IP Office too to control and monitor calls? If that isn't the case, and I have to combine TAPI and DevLink3 to re-achive the possiblility to control and monitor calls, what is the best approach when I use C#? I know a lot of things in here are sadly java-only.
JohnBiggs
1) in lieu of TAPI and DevLink, you might investigate the IPO web services that were released with IPO release 10.1. Given I dont know what DMCC services you are using I can't say that they will suffice, but it is worth reviewing the capabilities before you start.
2) DMCC can not be used with IP Office (at least not without an adaptation to TAPI/DevLink or the Web Services).
3) AES does not interface with IP Office - AES only works with Communication Manager.
4) yes I am afraid that at least at the interface layer you have to reinvent the wheel
eLVeeJay
Thank you for the fast response. So I gather, that IP Office can be stand alone? Or does the whole installation still require an AES, even if it and IPO doesn't speak directly?
I'm still hoping to evade another interface :-) ...though from what I understand from your previous post, that won't be possible...sadly
Go to:   
Mobile view