JasonNico
Hello,

I was wondering how the AES GRHA failover would work behind a Virtual IP. We are using Single Step Conference with Selective listening for our application.

Our working assumptions are:

- We perform getDeviceID() upon startup, which reserves same DMCC extension.
Upon AES failover, the deviceID will continue to carry forward. (i.e. we do NOT have to perform getDeviceID() again) on the newly active AES

- We perform “"registerTerminal(),singleStepConferenceCall(), selectiveListeningHold() and unregisterTerminal()” for each call
Upon AES failover, active calls would fail, but new calls will work transparently.

Some additional questions:

- Will our application need to receive an event or indication that a failover has occurred or is there an API to use as a listener?
- Will our application need to use API calls using the AES IP or the VIP?

Thanks in advance!
MartinFlynn
I think your question is beyond what can be handled in the forum. If you are a paid member, you can open a technical support ticket and one of my colleagues will try to help you.

Martin
Rodger852
The term “uncontrolled failover” refers to a failover which occurs because the current active server is not reachable from the current standby server. GRHA is not a state preserving HA in the AE Services 6.3.1 Release.
Go to:   
Mobile view