soliman
Is there a way to make the a make call task terminates/fails after a number of seconds? I need to be able to call a number, after several seconds, terminate.
PrakashN
You can put a Timer Boundary Event on the Make Call task to timeout after the desired number of seconds. Is this something you are looking for?

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
AnuragAggarwal
you can attach a timer boundary event to make call with your duration, and connect boundary event to cancel make call
soliman
PrakashN wrote:You can put a Timer Boundary Event on the Make Call task to timeout after the desired number of seconds. Is this something you are looking for?

I tried that before asking the question, but the Timer Boundary never kicked in after I set it for 10000ms and the Make Call continued to ring.

Also, I make a call from number 7701 (calling) to 7702(called) then I hang up from 7702, 7701 continues to ring and does not terminate.
AnuragAggarwal
can you please provide ED logs
soliman
AnuragAggarwal wrote:can you please provide ED logs

Here are the logs. I set the timeout for 5000 msec, I created the instance and waited a few seconds then I cancelled the instance after several seconds.

Thanks
Filename ed.log [Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - Timer Stuck.png]
[Disk] Download
AnuragAggarwal
there are two issues

(1) timer did not work, still checking why

(2) "Also, I make a call from number 7701 (calling) to 7702(called) then I hang up from 7702, 7701 continues to ring and does not terminate."

this has been foxed recently in 3.4.0.1 service pack (releasing today)
RajeshChandrashekar
Hi Soliman,
could you please let us know how many nodes you have on your breeze cluster ?
if its one node cluster then could you please remove the cluster ip in the breeze cluster, edit the breeze cluster and remove the cluster ip.
because this is used only when load balancer is enabled and for that we need more than one node in cluster.

if its more than one node then please enable the load balancer check box on breeze cluster, edit the breeze cluster and enable the load balancer check box.

Thanks,
Rajesh
Json

what does the load balancer have to do with ED Tasks?

Thanks
RajeshChandrashekar
Hi,
we need to know if you have configured the cluster ip address on your breeze clsuter, to check that ,
login to smgr, navigate to Elements-->Avaya Breeze-->Cluster Administration-->edit your cluster.
in this page check if you have Cluster IPv4 field configured ? if yes please delete the value there and try your scenario.

If the above is not configured , then please enable the debug logs on ED(ce dlogon EngagementDesigner),Breeze(ce dlogon),
reproduce the scenario.
collect the ED, Breeze logs and attach here.

Thanks,
Rajesh
soliman
AnuragAggarwal wrote:there are two issues

(2) "Also, I make a call from number 7701 (calling) to 7702(called) then I hang up from 7702, 7701 continues to ring and does not terminate."

RajeshChandrashekar wrote:Hi,
we need to know if you have configured the cluster ip address on your breeze clsuter, to check that ,
login to smgr, navigate to Elements-->Avaya Breeze-->Cluster Administration-->edit your cluster.
in this page check if you have Cluster IPv4 field configured ? if yes please delete the value there and try your scenario.

If the above is not configured , then please enable the debug logs on ED(ce dlogon EngagementDesigner),Breeze(ce dlogon),
reproduce the scenario.
collect the ED, Breeze logs and attach here.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Rajesh,

I removed the Cluster's IP and the timer works now. I also saw the note "Do not assign a Cluster IP for a single-node cluster." in the admin's manual.

Thanks for your help.
  • [Thumb - Timer Fixed.png]
[Disk] Download
soliman
AnuragAggarwal wrote:there are two issues

AnuragAggarwal,

what is it that you mentioned that was "releasing today"? wasn't 3.4.0.1 released back in April? was something else released recently after April?
Shikha
Hi,

Yes there was 3.4.0.1 patch recently released on 25th May.

You can get it from below link:

https://support.avaya.com/downloads/download-details.action?contentId=C20185251224296320_0&productId=P1587&releaseId=3.4.x

Go to:   
Mobile view