YidiXiao
Hello,
This is a customer question I received and would like to get your insights about it.

Here is an example of the question 3. The more I read on Breeze, the more I think that loop backs are not recommended. In the image below, the user enters his user ID (Play and Collect6) and it is verified with the Rest Service (RestVerifyID). The exclusive gateway (Client Verification) will compare the user ID and will loop back if the user ID is incorrect. This loop is done 3 times based on a counter. After 3 attempts, the exclusive gateway (IDloop) will fork the call to a Play Announcement and drop the call.

Should I use the logic on page 129 (Use Case Interactive voice task) of the ED Developer Guide for Oceana 3.4. I cascade 3 exclusive gateways checking for the user ID and each time forking in a different Play and collect. All the paths will be reconnected to one exclusive gateway like the example in the ED guide. (page 129) When I test my logic below, ExcGwy3 and ExcGwy6 will get this warning: The gateway has only one output connected. Please see if you really need this gateway in the workflow. This warnings is there for every type of gateway.

I added workflow image as attachment.

Thanks,

Yidi

Filename Here is an example of the question.docx [Disk] Download
AnuragAggarwal
Hi,

your workflow is correct, we would remove the warning in next version of ED, in the mean time please ignore the warning - you should still be able to execute the flow

Regards
YidiXiao
Hello,
Thanks a lot for your reply!
I also would like to clarify if the first workflow using loopback. Is it normal that after 3 attempts, the exclusive gateway (IDloop) will fork the call to a Play Announcement and drop the call?

Thanks,

Yidi
AnuragAggarwal
there is no automatic behavior in gateway

you would have to keep some kind of counter and keep incrementing it, and check in gateway if value <3 go one way otherwise go other way
soliman
AnuragAggarwal wrote:there is no automatic behavior in gateway

you would have to keep some kind of counter and keep incrementing it, and check in gateway if value <3 go one way otherwise go other way

this link has a sample workflow with a counter example.

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/20838.page#p148556
  • [Thumb - Index counter.png]
[Disk] Download
Go to:   
Mobile view