Rohit_Dhar
Hi Guys,

Is there anyway we can play DTMF sequenece/input from the calling party as a playback other than using TTS engine.

i remember we used to do this on Orchestration designer using localization bundle but not able to find How can we use it on Breeze?

Regards,
Rohit
BobBraudes
Hi Rohit,

The only other option besides TTS I can think of is to have the DTMF recorded in a file and play that back. We currently don't have the capability to dynamically generate DTMF from the platform.

Thanks,
Bob
Rohit_Dhar
thanks Bob for your reply.

Are you saying record the DTMF but these are are the dynamic numbers enter by the caller? How can I repeat these.

Regards,
Rohit
BobBraudes
I was wondering if the DTMF were dynamic or from a predefined set; if they are dynamic then TTS is the only option.

Thanks,
Bob
Rohit_Dhar
so basically we cannot use system default locales stored on AMS, just the pre set announcement.

Regards,
Rohit
BobBraudes
Sorry, but I'm not sure what you are asking with regard to the locale - can you provide some context?

Thanks,
Bob
Rohit_Dhar
Hi Bob,

I am talking about localization on AMS. Attached is the picture.

Regards,
Rohit
  • [Thumb - provisionmedia.JPG]
[Disk] Download
BobBraudes
Let me move up a level, as I'm trying to connect the localization on AAMS with playing the DTMFs. Are you playing abck the digit equivalent of the DTMF and want to use the language set by the locale? Also, are you using Engagement Designer or the Breeze API?

Thanks,
Bob
Rohit_Dhar
you are correct I want to play digit or digits equivalent to the DTMF. I am using Engagement designer.

eg. caller enters the extension number and i want to repeat that back. Hope this eg makes it easy to understand.

Regards,
ROhit
BobBraudes
Thanks - this helps. Let me get someone from the Engagement Designer team to respond.

Bob
Rohit_Dhar
Thanks Bob.

regards,
Rohit
JoelEzell
Hi, have you tried the "Send Digits" task under the "SendDTMF" drawer?
Rohit_Dhar
Hi Joel,

Sorry where exactly I have to look in to this. Meanwhile we are using EDP version 3.3. Has there been any changes made in version 3.4

Regards,
Rohit
JoelEzell
I learned this morning that this didn't become an officially supported task until our latest 3.4.0.1 release. However, it has been available as a sample for some time. I've attached a jar file that you can load in the "Bundles" tab of the Engagement Designer admin console.

PLEASE NOTE: This is SAMPLE functionality. It is being provided to you under the terms you can find in the Breeze and Engagement Designer SDKs. By downloading it, you are agreeing to those terms. Avaya will not be able to provide support for this task type if used in production. If you require this task type in production, you'll need to upgrade to Breeze and Engagement Designer 3.4.0.1.
Filename SendDTMF-tasks-1.0.jar [Disk] Download
Rohit_Dhar
Does this mean, it will help me to play the digits back to caller?

Also, do we require any speech engine or it can be played by using localisation bundle on AMS? The way we have on orchestration designer.

TIA
Go to:   
Mobile view