rangari
Hello ,

I want to invoke my Engagement Designer application from Orchestration designer. Is there any service to invoke Engagement Designer application from OD(i.e. Orchestration designer) or JAVA?

Please suggest me what I need to do/

Thanks in advanced.
PrakashN
Rangari,

Just like you call Engagement Designer workflows from Postman using the "Create Instance" API, you can call the workflows from the OD app - as each step in the OD app is java code.

Apart from this, there used to be a Breeze snap-in from OD that facilitates this, but I do not know much about that snap-in from ED side. You may have to check out with the OD / EP team on that one. But the Create Instance way would suffice what you are asking. However, if you want to "go back" to OD after you are done with the ED flow, you will have to do some special steps on both sides (ED and OD). Again, I would suggest reaching out to the OD team for that. Thanks!

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
rangari
Hi Prakash,

Thanks for reply.

When I Call Engagement Designer workflows from Postman using breeze Service, I am getting Successful response code '200' in Postman.But my Engagement Designer workflows is not invoked. Below is the url which I used in Postman:

"https://Breeze server IP/services/EventingConnector/events"

In the response I am getting some HTML code with below message:

<div class="legalNoticeDivContent" style="width: 800; height: 650; overflow-y: scroll;">
This system is restricted solely to authorized users for legitimate business purposes only. The actual or attempted unauthorized access, use, or modification of this system is strictly prohibited.
<br>
<br>Unauthorized users are subject to company disciplinary procedures and or criminal and civil penalties under state, federal, or other applicable domestic and foreign laws.
<br>
<br>The use of this system may be monitored and recorded for administrative and security reasons. Anyone accessing this system expressly consents to such monitoring and recording, and is advised that if it reveals possible evidence of criminal activity, the evidence of such activity may be provided to law enforcement officials.
<br>
<br>All users must comply with all corporate instructions regarding the protection of information assets.

Please suggest me on this.

Thanks
rangari
Is there anyone who can help me on this.
JoelEzell
Can you please log into the command line of your Breeze server and do a "traceBus"? If you see a message being posted on the Collaboration Bus (it will likely be encoded and unreadable) when you POST your event, that means that the event is being published and the issue is likely that ED/workflow is not properly subscribed to the event.
rangari
After doing traceBus what i need to check there?
Also, i have tested my workflow using the event it works fine in breeze environment.

Thanks
JoelEzell
Just look for any message to be posted when you send your event.

Can you say more about what you mean by the workflow being invoked fine when using an event "in a Breeze environment"? Do you mean that you used the Breeze Java API to publish the event?

Can you tell me what your POST to the eventing connector looks like?

What version of Breeze is this?
rangari
Sorry for the confusion.

I run my workflow from Administration Console and it works fine with the event that I created.

I am using Breeze version 3.3.1.1.331108.

Below is information of my POST to the eventing connector

URL= https://Breeze url/SMGR/services/EventingConnector/events

BODY:
family = ODED
type = CallEventing
version = 1.0
eventBody= {"calling":"13104569781","called":"16462159874"}

Please let me know if it helps.

Thanks
JoelEzell
Can you please still try traceBus and tell me what you see (if anything)? traceHttp would be helpful as well.
rangari
How I can do traceBus?
JoelEzell
Sorry, that should be traceHTTP (all caps)
rangari
How can i do this?
JoelEzell
You need to use ssh or putty to access the Breeze command line, then run those tools from there. It would be helpful if you could also do the following:
ce dlogon EventingConnector
ce dlogw EventingConnector > /tmp/connector.log
<post your message now>
ctrl-c
ce dlogoff EventingConnector

You could then scp or pscp (if using putty) the connector.log file.

Do you have Linux command line experience? If not, this may be asking a bit much of you.
rangari
Thanks joel for your help.
I will provide you my results.

Go to:   
Mobile view