Syed1
Hi I would like to add direct dial functionality to our winforms app - using Avaya Model 9608 phone -

Which SDK do I need?

Thanks
Dmitry_Shikulin
Hi Syed1,

Could you please elaborate your question?

ClientSDK allows developers to create their own application with VOIP functionality.
Also ClientSDK has "SharedControl" support - desktop device and hardphone work under same extension.
This "Shared control" allows to make call from desktop device and call will start on hardphone device.
Is that what you are looking for?

Best regards,
Dmitry
Syed1
Hi Dmitry

Thank you for your reply

Yes I was looking to allow user to start call on hardphone device using the desktop application.

I will look into "shared control" now

Kind Regards

Syed
Syed1
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_client_sdk/programming_docs/current/windows/communication/api_refs/html/T_Avaya_ClientServices_SharedControlService.htm

Currently only Avaya 96x1 desk phones and Summit (H175) series are supported for Shared Control

Does that mean 9608 is not supported?

Syed
Dmitry_Shikulin
Syed,

Yes, it appears that 9608 is not supported by ClientSDK.

Regards,
Dmitry
JohnBiggs
There are other SDKs that can handle your stated request. I suggest looking at the AE Services TSAPI, JTAPI or DMCC SDKs or the AES Telephony Web Service. All of them can assist an application in originating a call from a speakerphone equipped telephone to a destination provided by the application.
barryoc
The 9608 phone is one of the phone in the 96x1 family i.e. it supports Shared Control.
Go to:   
Mobile view