SteffenBisgaard
Hello All,

Very new to ED, just getting started. Can someone explain to me how to get the Work Assignment variables in my start node? Form other examples, I see a WAInput variable, but if I create a new workflow, I can't see how to import those.
Many thanks for any help.
Shikha
Hi,

I hope you have WA bundles installed on your node via admin console.

We have WA events under Event Catalog, which can be used in Start event.

Please see the screenshot.
  • [Thumb - WAEvents.jpg]
[Disk] Download
SteffenBisgaard
Hi - many thanks for your reply.

Yes, we do have the WorkAssignment in the Event Catalog. So the question then becomes how do I use them in the start event?
SteffenBisgaard
I should add that the flow uses the OmniCenter Event family. We are implementing Oceana.
AnuragAggarwal
variables are local to flows, they are not imported from outside, there are two ways to create variables

* double click on variable node in flow, it would open editor where you can create variables and provide schema for them

* click on output mapping for start event/task, there should be + icon on output of that task - click on that and a variable would be automatically created with same schema as output of that task, this is convenient way to create variable from output - so that you can use output (stored in variable now) in next task
PrakashN
Also, if you want the Work Assignment schema to be in the Start Event, you will have to open the Start Event's properties, select the correct event that you need (that is defined in the event catalog), and that will bring the event's schema into the Start Event. Once you deploy that workflow, Oceana will kick off that workflow with the values for the schema that you have selected in the Start Event. You can take a look at the out of the box Oceana workflows that come deployed with Oceana if you need more details.

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
Go to:   
Mobile view