Andrew.Prokop
I created a workflow with a task that requires a password. I created a Password Property and use Input Mapping to map it to the task's password property (which is a password-type property). The deployed snap-in fails on login to the service. I go back to the task, remove the mapping, and replace it with a directly typed password into the task. I see the series of dots to indicate that this is a password field. The deployed snap-in can successfully login into the service.

Is there something special I need to do to handle a mapped Password Property?
AnuragAggarwal
seems like bug in ED, following it up with team to resolve
Andrew.Prokop
Thanks. Keep me posted.
Andrew.Prokop
Any update on this? Is it a bug?
Krishnakumar(KK)
Hi Andrew,
It is not a bug. It is working as designed. The task should decrypt the property with SDK api.

e.g.
CryptoUtil.getInstance().decrypt(cipherText)

We encrypt the password field to comply with SEC standard. If we decrypt during mapping then clear text will show up in places where a regular user could see.
It is responsibility of the Task developer to decide which property should be used for passwords and document that the mapping should be from the password type properties for it.

If the task properties are not designed for encrypted password then regular properties should be used for mapping.
Andrew.Prokop
I already do that. In fact, if I wasn't doing it, a password property within the task itself would fail upon execution. I decrypt those just fine.

I will take another look and add some debug to see if I can figure out what isn't working.
Go to:   
Mobile view