SimonBrown
Forgive me if this is somewhere but searched and could not find info.

When I go to undeploy a script in tomcat I get a failed to delete message.
Looking at the folder the data/log folder still exists with the report.log and trace.log which are locked, preventing deletion.

Using Process.exe I see its tomcat itself locking these files!

The test script DOES have trace commands, I was also looking to keep some minimal logs in script I am developing, certainly in early deployment.

Ideally, I would have liked ability to deploy same war file name (updated script) to same location in tomcat manager app and for that to update the running script.

What is best practise to re-deploy a script (war) from OD?
What is best approach for managing script updates to a live environment?

All info I see is regarding first time install, fine and dandy but that works fine, its updates seem to conflict with.

Thanks
Simon

Unless otherwise stated. EP 7.2.0.0.1117 Dev: JVM: 1.8.0_171 OD 7.2.1.0502 tomcat-8.5.23
WilsonYu
To avoid this problem, you need configure OD to create the data/log directory and log files outside of the app directory. To do that, in the runtimeocnfig admin tool, you access the application menu and set the data path for the application.
SimonBrown
Thanks for info, that allowed me to undeploy and redeploy script.

I tried to deploy when existing script was running, and when stopped, neither perform an in place upgrade.
Is that not possible?

In a production environment how can I provide updates without taking the service offline for a period?

Thanks
Simon

Unless otherwise stated. EP 7.2.0.0.1117 Dev: JVM: 1.8.0_171 OD 7.2.1.0502 tomcat-8.5.23
WilsonYu
Does Tomcat not allow you to update the app? This is not controlled by OD though.
SimonBrown
Hi
Will have to look at tomcat more, always been MS developer and IIS person before picking up OD scripts team so tomcat quite new to me.

I would have thought it would be a topic of discussion and have some form for guidance, after all, updates to scripts and deployment to production environments is an important activity and customers don't like down time!

Simon

WilsonYu
Tomcat should allow you to update the app without any down time.
Go to:   
Mobile view