pnwoha
I am trying to connected to an encypted server id. I have imported my certificate to "Trusted Root Certifaction Authorities". I have also edited my ini file to point to the cert location. However when i try to connect i get the following error: ACSERR_SSL_CONNECT_FAILED -15
MartinFlynn
TSAPI uses its own keystore files and does not use the Windows keystore. You will find more information on how to use this in the "Server certificate authentication" section of "Avaya Aura Application Enablement Services TSAPI and CVLAN Client and SDK Installation Guide".

Martin
pnwoha
So we have gone through the guide and made some changes except that now we are seeing the following error: ACSERR_SSL_INIT_FAILED -14. Note that we are using tsapi driver version 6.3.3-103
MartinFlynn
From the TSAPI Programmers Guide, error ACSERR_SSL_INIT_FAILED (-14) is described as:

This return value indicates that a secure connection could not be opened because there was a problem initializing the OpenSSL library.

My reading of this is that the attempt may have failed even before the client tried to connect to the server. In this case, one of the changes you made has actually made your problem worse.

If I were trying to debug this, I think I would try the following two things:

1. Get a Wireshark trace on the client. Use it to check:
a. Is the client even trying to connect to the server
b. Does the client request a certificate
c. What certificate does the server send
d. What error does the client generate

2. Install the openSSL toolkit on the client and use its tools to test the connection and certificate. You can get more information on openSSL at https://www.openssl.org/

Martin
pnwoha
thank you martin, we were using the wrong cert format, we now have it working. While I have you here, we are trying to connect dmcc to the encrypted port (4722 instead of 4721) and as soon as it tries to connect we receive a "ServerConnectionDownEvent".
MartinFlynn
You are not giving much information there. I suggest you do a Wireshark trace to get a better idea as to what is going on.

Martin
pnwoha
Martin my apologies. It turns out i did not enable encryption when using the service provider to connect. I also had to set the cert call back and return the certificate. Once I did all that it worked. Thanks for your help.
Go to:   
Mobile view