Json
how can I create a custom event that triggers a workflow based on REST calls? how is breeze aware of these RESTcalls where this REST service is somewhere else.
Andrew.Prokop
Watch this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-rxPSxb3RU&list=PLPcun3YncaFqMEJ07kkDA0yYpx_NsJJ0I&index=6
Json

Thanks Andrew for your video. I had watched this video in the past but it doesn't address what I am trying to accomplish. I think I have to implement a java sdk snapin which calls an external rest client to get the data, then publish an event which would kick off the workflow.

an example, I need to kick off a workflow if the temperature is above 90 degrees.
JoelEzell
Check out the attached powerpoint that walks through this process. It's 2 years old so some things may have changed, but it's overall accurate. The biggest change is that events can now be published using simple JSON bodies rather than requiring multi-part MIME. I think this was added in Breeze 3.4.1 but don't know for sure (Andrew might know). You can find details in the REST-API-Docs folder in the Breeze SDK. Click on the "Publish" link.
Filename Engagement Designer External Trigger.pptx [Disk] Download
Andrew.Prokop
Json,

I don't know where you are trying to get the temperature date from, but I do that all the time using the methods in my video.

If have an IoT platform that can send POST messages when certain criteria are met (e.g. temperature > 90). I configure the platform to send those POSTs to Breeze. Based in the POST body, breeze associates POSTs with an Event. I then have a Snap-In that starts based on that Event.
Go to:   
Mobile view