Evandro
I'm having a hard time putting together a small test environment using Deskphone Emulator Design. I installed a tomcat on a Windows / 7 and set up the Deskphone_XML_Designe. However I do the steps indicated in the documentation and still I do not succeed in seeing the operation. Well, I would just like to initially be able to see the SIP simulator working and connecting. I am very difficulty, could you kindly help? Give me some kind of simple tutorial that can work.

Thank you!
JoelEzell
Hi, can you please tell us more about your project? Are you writing a Breeze snap-in? It sounds maybe like you're using a different API (and therefore should post to a different forum). Are you perhaps using the Avaya Breeze Client SDK?
JohnBiggs
Are you referring to the tools that are referenced on this page?
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_ip_deskphones/development_tools_configurations/index.gsp
Evandro
To be honest, I'm looking forward to adding to the development ambiance. And I'm not sure how to start. I've used TSAPI a long time ago, at the time there was a simulator that could make calls via API. What I would like to do initially is to learn how to interact with softphone, because I would like to write a Java or C / C ++ code to communicate with the softphone and learn how to do this. I created an account in devconnect, but I'm not sure where to find information to create a simple environment and exercise what I mentioned, ie control the softphone and make calls, command conferences and so on. Could you please give me some tips to get started? I will be very grateful if you can help! Thank you!
JohnBiggs
Which specific soft phone are you interested in working with?
Equinox, one-X Communicator, IP Softphone, one-X Agent, the Breeze SDK, etc? Unfortunately there isn't one environment that you do development against all of these applications with since they represent different software bases.
Evandro
I would like to work with the SIP Emulator Deskphone, which emulates 96xx models. I'm wondering if you can through this software develop a program to communicate with this Softphone. However for this, I believe that this Software is able to connect with the laboratory, or even some other component that emulates a CTI. I am in need of basic tips as the products offered in DevConnect are many, and I do not really know what I would need to use in the scenario I want to explore. That is, communication with Softphone to iterate through this in telephony.
JoelEzell
Hi Evandro, it sounds to me like the best API set for your to look at is the AES APIs. I'd recommend TSAPI if you're a C developer, DMCC if you use Java, .NET or another language (only if comfortable working at the TCP/XML level).

If you'd rather use REST web services, you could also consider using Breeze with Engagement Call Control on top of AES.
JohnBiggs
As far as an environment to work against

For Breeze - https://avayacollaboratory.com/
for AES - https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_application_enablement_services/development_tools_configurations/aes_cm_remote_lab/index.gsp

The AES remote lab includes softphone software. I am not sure what Collaboratory provides in that context.
JoelEzell
Collaboratory includes softphones as well. It is necessary to purchase access to a Collaboratory lab though.
Evandro
Joel Ezell and John Biggs, Thank you for the information and I'll use it to see if I can do it. Thank you very much!
Evandro
Sorry, as I understood, in my case that I am a C / C ++ developer, it would be best to use AES APIs, which in this case TSAPI. Okay, what I figured out, though I still have questions about how I could interact with the lab? I checked in one of the links received a laboratory reservation process. Once I make the reservation, will I be able to access this telephony infrastructure using any Avaya softphone? As I mentioned, I made use of TSAPI for quite some time, and that at the time an Avaya-based simulator was used to test the codes written with TSAPI. In the present case, I understand that I can develop directly accessing the laboratory. Or do I have some way to create some local simulation environment? The TSAPI allowed me to communicate with the telephony through a CTI, and that during the development was supplied by the mentioned simulator. In such a simulator I could monitor calls, make calls and so on. Could you kindly tell me what besides AES APIS (TSAPI) should I look for information? About softphone avaya, what should I use? Could I or would I need to use the SIP Emulator and or Deskphone_XML_Designer to connect to the lab remotely?
JohnBiggs
please take a look at the user guide for the lab that is hiding on the page I referenced. It answers some of your questions regarding access methodology.
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/000ac111-22a3-4d3d-b561-ccc7119d26d6

Yes you can utilize a soft phone for the endpoints; they would be connected to the lab through VPN tunnels. You would probably also have a PC where your application was running connected via a VPN tunnel.

If you still have access to the TSAPI Exerciser you can use that with the lab.

DevConnect no longer make a 'simulator' available. Given you are using a login associated with a free user account it doesn't appear that procurement options are available to you to purchase a lab environment to work from.

As to what soft phone is best fit for your need, well that depends on what you are trying to accomplish for whom. If you don't have a preference One-X Communicator or Avaya Communicator would be starting points.
Go to:   
Mobile view