Wilder
Can context store be setup on a General Purpose Cluster?
JoelEzell
Apologies for the slow response. We are engaging the best resources to help you with your issue.
JoelEzell
Hi, there are two ways that you can specify the location of the Context Store snap-in:
1) You can populate the Context Store Cluster(s) attribute on the Engagement Designer service in System Manager
2) You can specify the Context Store cluster in the properties on the ContextStore task type.

Let us know if you still have problems.
Wilder
JoelEzell wrote:Hi, there are two ways that you can specify the location of the Context Store snap-in:
1) You can populate the Context Store Cluster(s) attribute on the Engagement Designer service in System Manager
2) You can specify the Context Store cluster in the properties on the ContextStore task type.

Let us know if you still have problems.

we loaded the cstore license , manager and rest, and context store task but it is failing to add a context. This setup is done in a general purpose cluster lab. all settings are default.

The same issues as in this thread:
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/19851.page

I also tried to test with this sample workflow
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/e137e3f4-3c60-4916-9e55-78b885002758

contextstore cluster is selected in the engagement designer attribute configuration.

Filename edlog.txt [Disk] Download
SiobhanDervan
Hi Wilder,

The issue with that reference post was ultimately with setup/configuration.

An error shown in the EDlog is an indication of general problem, but that problem could be anything from your configuration, product issue, incorrect usage etc.

The Context Store Reference Guide contains a troubleshooting chapter (with FAQ) which will help you verify that your Context Store deployment is in working order. http://support.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/101051175

If the CS deployment is healthy but your workflows are not functioning correctly, the problem is with either your ED cluster (in which case request is not reaching CS - you can verify this in ContextStoreRest service log) or the usage of CS API. If your request is reaching the CS cluster but failing, the specific reason for request failure will be logged in the ContextStoreRest service log)

Regards,
Siobhán

P.S. Context Store standalone product should be deployed using the "Context Store" cluster profile as described in deployment documentation; this profile is explicitly tuned for this product. In Oceana solution, it's deployed on "Customer Engagement" profile, which is tuned for that solution
Wilder
SiobhanDervan wrote:Hi Wilder,

The issue with that reference post was ultimately with setup/configuration.

An error shown in the EDlog is an indication of general problem, but that problem could be anything from your configuration, product issue, incorrect usage etc.

The Context Store Reference Guide contains a troubleshooting chapter (with FAQ) which will help you verify that your Context Store deployment is in working order. http://support.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/101051175

If the CS deployment is healthy but your workflows are not functioning correctly, the problem is with either your ED cluster (in which case request is not reaching CS - you can verify this in ContextStoreRest service log) or the usage of CS API. If your request is reaching the CS cluster but failing, the specific reason for request failure will be logged in the ContextStoreRest service log)

Regards,
Siobhán

P.S. Context Store standalone product should be deployed using the "Context Store" cluster profile as described in deployment documentation; this profile is explicitly tuned for this product. In Oceana solution, it's deployed on "Customer Engagement" profile, which is tuned for that solution

Sorry, I forgot to add that my issue is only with the Engagement Designer Task. The rest service works fine. I can even use the CallRestTask and retrieve the context but not through the Context Store Task. I even tried to add a context using postman, then retrieve it with the context Id right away using a context store task get, and pass the csInputId as a property, but an error is returned.

Thanks
AnuragAggarwal
Wilder, seems you were debugging he instance in ED debugger when you got the logs, is that correct ? Can you please provide more complete ED logs from the time you were debugging

Shiban, CS seems to have produced this "value":{"csDataOutput":"","csStatusOutput":"ERROR","csMessageOutput":""}}

there is error, but where can we find reason for error ?
SiobhanDervan
To determine if the request is reaching Context Store, but failing (e.g. invalid input, problem with CS service), you need to consult the appropriate service log. Details about accessing logs are given in the document referenced in my previous post.

If you're using ContextStoreTasks - the applicable service is ContextStoreRest service
Wilder
SiobhanDervan wrote:To determine if the request is reaching Context Store, but failing (e.g. invalid input, problem with CS service), you need to consult the appropriate service log. Details about accessing logs are given in the document referenced in my previous post.

If you're using ContextStoreTasks - the applicable service is ContextStoreRest service

I did a tail on the ContextStoreRest log and I don't see the engagement designer contextstore task reach the CSRest service when I run the workflow to get a contextID.

tail -n0 -f ContextStoreRest.log

1) I run postman Post Request to add a context --Successful
2) I run a postman Get Request to get context by ID --Successful
3) I run Engagement designer simple workflow to get Context by ID -- Error is returned in the engagement designer ContextStore task output, no logs related to this Get request in the CSRest service. (Workflow attached)

the engagement designer log doesn't show much except that the instance was created and the response data which shows

I trimmed down the workflow provided in the contextstore pag to only get a context using the contextstore task. When I debug the workflow, I enter the contextId which I added with postman and verified that I can get through a get request with postman as well.

I also tried to create a little service using the SDK to add an entry to the context store, and here is where it gets stuck

private void ProcessContextStoreEntry(String UCID, JSONObject responseObj) {
try {

logger.info("Creating Context Store Instance: " + this.CstoreHost + " !!!");
this.contextStore = ContextStoreServiceFactory.getContextStoreWebService(this.CstoreHost);
logger.info("Response...");
} catch (Exception e) {
logger.error("Error creating the context store instance " + e.toString());
}
}

I can see in the log:
2018-08-29 15:18:11,201 [SipContainerPool : 3] TestService INFO - TestService -1.0.0.0.0 - Attempting to Create a Context Store Instance to Host: 12.121.153.56 !!!

no logs after that, neither the log "Response...." nor the log in the catch block. So after making this call, the code is stuck

this.contextStore = ContextStoreServiceFactory.getContextStoreWebService(this.CstoreHost);

I think that maybe happening with the contextstore task.
Filename contextstorerestlog.txt [Disk] Download
Filename edlog (2).txt [Disk] Download
Filename contextTest.xml [Disk] Download
SiobhanDervan
Are you using a multi-node CS cluster? If so you must check the log on each node as requests are round robin - you've only attached one log file

FYI @Anurag, Wilder's environment is running version 3.4.0.0
Wilder
SiobhanDervan wrote:Are you using a multi-node CS cluster? If so you must check the log on each node as requests are round robin - you've only attached one log file

FYI @Anurag, Wilder's environment is running version 3.4.0.0

single node cluster.
porterk
Hi Wilder,

I took a look at the ED log provided however there is very little information captured (11 lines only).
The ED workflow provided looks good.

Could you please:
1. ensure that ED logging is set to FINEST/ALL through SMGR
2. go to ED Admin (admin.html), select Workflow -> choose the workflow you are testing ->Create Instance -> Enter 'csIdInput' (i.e. contextId of a context in CS if you are trying to GET a context) ->OK
3. could you please send the complete ED log output?

Also, could you please confirm that
A. the 'Cluster IP' for your node is set in SMGR (Elements->Avaya Breeze->Cluster Administration).
B. 'Context Store Cluster(s)' attribute has been set in SMGR (Elements->Avaya Breeze->Configuration->Attributes->Service Clusters->Select 'EngagementDesigner' for 'Cluster' and 'Service' ->the correct 'Context Store Cluster(s)' should be selected

Regards,
Kezzia

porterk
Also, how many ED nodes are in your ED cluster? Please provide the ED log from each ED node.
Wilder
porterk wrote:Also, how many ED nodes are in your ED cluster? Please provide the ED log from each ED node.

this is a lab, which only has one node per cluster. We have a general purpose cluster, and we just setup a contest store cluster. We are expericning the same issue with the context store only working in Rest with the new context store cluster. Each cluster only has one node, so the cluster IP is not needed to be added to the cluster configuration according to the documentation.

The ED log is the same, only a few lines that don't provide any clarification on what the error is. I also tested with the Context Store SDK sample client and it gave me the same generic error.

Accessing context store with the following fails:
Java SDK
Context Store Task (assuming it uses the Java SDK methods)
Sample Java Client (uses Java SDK methods) - image attached.

Accesing context store with ContextStore REST works fine.
  • [Thumb - ContextStoreClient.png]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - clusters.png]
[Disk] Download
porterk
Hi Wilder,

To clarify, which documentation are you referring to?

Could you please test adding the Security IP as the Cluster IP in SMGR for your Context Store node.

Also, could you please confirm that the Connection Settings for the CS SDK have been configured?

Regards,
Kezzia
Go to:   
Mobile view