Json
I setupa call intercept to called party rule to a number. I have a workflow which has an allow call after several seconds. A second instance of the work flow gets initiated after the allow call on the first instance occurs. How can I prevent the second occurance of the workflow from happening?

thanks
  • [Thumb - allowcall.png]
[Disk] Download
RajeshChandrashekar
Hi,
Could you please share the rules configured on Breeze Implicit user profile ? and Engagement Designer routing rules.
Also please let us know the call scenario you are trying what is calling number and called number.

Thanks,
Rajesh
Json
RajeshChandrashekar wrote:Hi,
Could you please share the rules configured on Breeze Implicit user profile ? and Engagement Designer routing rules.
Also please let us know the call scenario you are trying what is calling number and called number.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Calling Number 19171126702 min 11 max 11
Called Number 19171126703 min 11 max 11

When I create a simple workflow with a timer, the called number never rings unless I add the allow call task, but when I add the allow call task, then another instance of the workflow is created.
  • [Thumb - rule.png]
[Disk] Download
RajeshChandrashekar
I believe the implicit rules you have configured on breeze Implicit user profile(SMGR-->Avaya Breeze-->Configuration-->Implicit User Profile) could be causing this , the instance might be created due to orig and term sequence .

You could try adding Breeze Implicit user profile with onlly called number, so just use the rule for called
Called Number 19171126703 11 11 and delete the calling number rule.

Thanks,
Rajesh
Json
RajeshChandrashekar wrote:I believe the implicit rules you have configured on breeze Implicit user profile(SMGR-->Avaya Breeze-->Configuration-->Implicit User Profile) could be causing this , the instance might be created due to orig and term sequence .

You could try adding Breeze Implicit user profile with onlly called number, so just use the rule for called
Called Number 19171126703 11 11 and delete the calling number rule.

Thanks,
Rajesh

I removed the entries from Implicit users in the session manager settings (Application Configuration > Implicit Users) which resolved the issue. I don't understand why that is.
RajeshChandrashekar
Let me take an example
Calling party is 1000 and called party is 1001
now if we specify both calling and called party in Implicit user profile rules, this means that for both calling and called party the sequencing should happen .

When calls comes to SM, SM sends it to breeze for sequence, in this case Breeze(EngagementDesigner) would be sequenced in both the numbers, one time for Calling(1000) and the other time for called (1001) Because EngagementDesigner would be sequenced on both orig and term and you have a rule in ED saying if called party is 1001 then the instance will be invoked one time when 1000 dials the number which will be orig and in term sequence for 1001, so you will be seeing 2 instances.

so we recommended to use just the called party sequence.

Json
RajeshChandrashekar wrote:Let me take an example
Calling party is 1000 and called party is 1001
now if we specify both calling and called party in Implicit user profile rules, this means that for both calling and called party the sequencing should happen .

When calls comes to SM, SM sends it to breeze for sequence, in this case Breeze(EngagementDesigner) would be sequenced in both the numbers, one time for Calling(1000) and the other time for called (1001) Because EngagementDesigner would be sequenced on both orig and term and you have a rule in ED saying if called party is 1001 then the instance will be invoked one time when 1000 dials the number which will be orig and in term sequence for 1001, so you will be seeing 2 instances.

so we recommended to use just the called party sequence.

thank you for the explanation. Now that I have that issue with engagement designer resolved. I created a simple call intercept svar snapin which logs the called number.

@Override
public final void callIntercepted(final Call call) {
String calledParty = call.getCalledParty().getHandle();
if(calledParty == "19171126703") {

logger.fine("Call to 19171126703 was intercepted ");
}

// call.suspend();
}

so, when I call the number, the workflow from engagement designer gets initiated once, the timer pauses the call for 10 seconds then allows call.
at the same time, the SDK snapin intercepts the call and shows the log, but as soon as the allow call initiates in the engagement designer workflow instance, the SDK snapin gets triggered again.
RajeshChandrashekar
Hi,
guessing your snapin is sequenced for both calling and called numbers ,
i believe this is your calling and called numbers
Calling Number 19171126702
Called Number 19171126703

Also please share the Breeze implicit user profile rules for these numbers
And on your service profile to see all services assigned.
Also is there any explicit sequencing configured for any user? you can check this on user management page on SMGR, edit your user and check the breeze profile.

Thanks,
Rajesh
Go to:   
Mobile view