bbailey
Is there any example flow that uses the Error Boundary Event task? I am having issues using this event task to catch any exception that may occur to simply 'allow' the call. Right now if any exception occurs (ie; db task fails with db down condition), the caller will get disconnected. I reviewed all example flows and nothing appears to be using this block.
AnuragAggarwal
Can you please attach your workflow, the description of how you are using error boundary event seems ok, having te workflow would help us understand why it did not work

Also if you have debug/fine level ED logs that would be useful
MarcusHuang
So it works failing over from boundary even to secondary db read operation. But lets say that secondary db fails, which then points the flow to the next step, It fails trying to get the call to the next step.
AnuragAggarwal
do you run into some error if secondary db fails - then it would try to find error boundary event again

if possible, can you please explain the issue using a workflow xml
MarcusHuang
AnuragAggarwal wrote:do you run into some error if secondary db fails - then it would try to find error boundary event again

if possible, can you please explain the issue using a workflow xml

To answer your question yes. If the DB fails, like password mismatch, etc, i get an error like so

Error encountered during execution of ReadDBTask: The server principal '!username' is not able to access the database 'BREEZE' under the current security context

Filename CallerGatingTest (1).xml [Disk] Download
AnuragAggarwal
Thanks Marcus for the workflow, but i have still few more questions

there are many read db tasks in the workflow, can you please mention which is not working, you can probably attach screenshot of the instance (open the instance in admin console and take screenshot)

is tha allow call not gettign executed, or it is getting executed and still caller is getting dropped ?
MarcusHuang
Here you go. The condition on the gateway is leg 1 -> no condition, leg 2 -> GetCallGatingSipModifiers_Output_1["resultSet"].length > 0

• [Thumb - failure.png]
[Disk] Download
AnuragAggarwal
can you please try with condition

GetCallGatingSipModifiers_Output_1["resultSet"]!= null && GetCallGatingSipModifiers_Output_1["resultSet"].length > 0
MarcusHuang
Should it be && or || ? for the operand?
AnuragAggarwal
&&
MarcusHuang
I miss-read the statement. I just noticed it said not equal to null. That seem to work as it got to the next statement. Can you help me understand why that works if the error box does not show a null anywhere? I just see a blank input and output value.
AnuragAggarwal
if the db query errored, GetCallGatingSipModifiers_Output_1["resultSet"] is probably null as it got no data
MarcusHuang
AnuragAggarwal wrote:if the db query errored, GetCallGatingSipModifiers_Output_1["resultSet"] is probably null as it got no data

Thanks.
Go to:   
Mobile view