ajprokop
I am trying to figure out how to encrypt and decrypt snap-in attributes. The documentation is unclear about encrypting. Do I simply set the validation name in properties.xml to EncryptedString? For example:

<validation name="EncryptedString">
<type>STRING</type>
</validation>

Next, how I decrypt that value inside my snap-in. I have done this for Engagement Designer dynamic tasks using com.avaya.wf.util.CryptoUtil, but that is part of the ED SDK. Is there something similar in the Breeze SDK? I can't find anything in the javadoc.

Thanks!
Wilder
ajprokop wrote:I am trying to figure out how to encrypt and decrypt snap-in attributes. The documentation is unclear about encrypting. Do I simply set the validation name in properties.xml to EncryptedString? For example:

<type>STRING</type>
</validation>

Next, how I decrypt that value inside my snap-in. I have done this for Engagement Designer dynamic tasks using com.avaya.wf.util.CryptoUtil, but that is part of the ED SDK. Is there something similar in the Breeze SDK? I can't find anything in the javadoc.

Thanks!

you can use the ENCRYPTED_STRING validation type for that. Look at page 60 in the guide
<attribute name="accountPassword">

<displayName>Account Password</displayName>
<helpInfo>The password for this account.</helpInfo>
<type>ENCRYPTED_STRING</type>
</validation>
<admin_visible>true</admin_visible>
<admin_changeable>true</admin_changeable>
<factory>
<value></value>
<user_changeable>true</user_changeable>
</factory>