andywfinlay
I have a workflow that will call back a customer if they disconnect first and the agent selects to call them back. If they don't select to call them back I have a 'Drop Call' module that drops the call and works fine. If they select to call back the customer the call goes out (via 'Add Participant) and connects but when either the customer or agent disconnect after that call the other end stays up. looks like i'm missing call supervision or something to notify either end when the other end disconnects. I see the callflow hit the 'End' module as the WF is completed after the agent calls the customer back. I've also tried 'Terminate' but still the same issue. What am I missing?
andywfinlay
andywfinlay wrote:I have a workflow that will call back a customer if they disconnect first and the agent selects to call them back. If they don't select to call them back I have a 'Drop Call' module that drops the call and works fine. If they select to call back the customer the call goes out (via 'Add Participant) and connects but when either the customer or agent disconnect after that call the other end stays up. looks like i'm missing call supervision or something to notify either end when the other end disconnects. I see the callflow hit the 'End' module as the WF is completed after the agent calls the customer back. I've also tried 'Terminate' but still the same issue. What am I missing?

So after a bit of trial and error I was able to figure this out. In order to make sure the call doesn't disconnect when the caller hangs up on their end (or loses cell connection) I had a 'Set Call Policy' at the start of my workflow set to 'Drop call when no participants remain'. This is great when the customer hangs up it allows the agent to stay connected and re-connect with the caller. however, when the 'add participant' step brings back on the customer it's still under the original 'Set Call Policy' so it will drop the call only when 'NO' participants remain. I ended up adding a new 'Set Call Policy' after the 'add participant' and set it to 'Drop Call If One Participant Remains' and that seemed to do the trick.
As always, hope this helps someone out!

Andy
Go to:   
Mobile view