Pravin
Hi,

We have developed Avaya custom toolbar to call control using sample code of popupapp_1_1 application. It is working fine in our lab without any issue on port 4721. Incoming call, answer disconnect transfer, conference and drop working fine with Avaya One X desktop.

All call event are coming continuously on Our custom toolbar and Avaya One X desktop. We can anser /drop from any one and it is working fine.

Only thing is we are facing issue at customer site that we are able to login into custom toolbar (port 4721) but incoming call are not showing on custom toolbar but call is showing on OneX desktop.

At Customer site they have

Avaya Aura Call Center Elite 6.3
AES Version: 6.3.0.1.212-0

Is there any issue with protocol or port.

Do we need to replace ServiceProvider.dll file ? If yes how can we get this frile from customer end. Do we need to download from Avaya AES server URL or are there any different process.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pravin
MartinFlynn
Hi Pravin,

All versions of ServiceProvider.dll can be used with pretty much any version of AE Services. As far as I can see, the popupapp sample application comes with version 5.2 of ServiceProvider.dll and I assume that this is the one you have packaged with your application. I would expect this to work with AE Services 6.3.

If you do want to use a newer version of ServiceProvider.dll, you can freely download any version of the DMCC .Net SDK from the Devconnect portal. Each SDK includes the appropriate version of ServiceProvider.dll.

As your application works in your lab but not in your customer's environment, I would suspect that some of the configuration you are using is incorrect. I suggest that you check your logs to make sure that all requests made by the application have succeeded. Sample code often omits error checking to enhance clarity and it is possible that your application has not added this in. This would mean that the application may seem to have connected to AE Services and started a Call Control monitor on the station but that one of the requests has actually failed. I suggest you check the traces on the client side to verify that you receive positive responses to all requests. There should be instructions in the Programmers Guide on how to enable SDK traces. Or you may have added your own.

Martin
Pravin
Thanks Martin. We will enable traces, test and let you know.
Pravin
Hi Martin,

We have enabled traces and tested. We are not getting call delivered object value from ServiceProvider.dll. Do we need to use Service provider.dll with 6.3.3. or 7.1.1 version instead of 5.2.2 which is inbuilt with POPUP application. Will it resolve call object null value issue.

Can you please let me know if there are any AES and DMCC DotNET serviceprovider.dll compatibility matrix.

How can we get help from Avaya devconnect for such issues. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Pravin.
MartinFlynn
It is possible to upgrade to an enhanced membership level, either as a Support-enabled Registered Member or a Technology Partner, which will give you access to DevConnect Engineers with deep subject matter expertise on Avaya products and APIs. These Enhanced Membership options provide Tier 1 through 4 support for development phase activities. Should you wish to pursue this, you may request additional information through a Membership & Program Support Ticket, or follow the instructions on the Membership tab of the portal home page to initiate the upgrade automatically. For more information on options available with an upgraded membership, please see the "Program & Benefits" tab on the home page of the portal at www.avaya.com/devconnect and then select "Membership Overview."

Upgrading membership can give your company access to enhanced levels of technical support, including technical support on a broader range of Avaya products; discounted procurement on lab systems; access to compliance testing services; and inclusion in commercial and co-marketing programs made available to DevConnect Technology Partners.

In all cases, DevConnect Technical Support is only offered via the DevConnect Portal (i.e. there is no phone or on-site support provided). Also, support is provided to our members during the development stage of their solution on non-production systems as they design and develop Avaya-enabled applications, or prepare for DevConnect compliance testing or similar activities. Field and operational issues should be escalated by the customer or customer representative through the normal escalation channels to Avaya Client Services or the appropriate business partner holding the maintenance contract on the system(s).

Martin
Pravin
Thanks Martin.

I have few queries about DMCC application..

1) As per POPUP sample app Avaya.cert SSL certificate required is it of AES server where application is connecting on port 4722 or any other server?

2) What will be default value for UserState in startup session method?

Regards,
Pravin
MartinFlynn
Certificates and secure connections are complex issues and I cannot fully deal with them in this thread. Most simply, if an application wants to open a secure DMCC connection over port 4722, it must have a copy of the CA cert that was used to sign the AE Services server cert. You can get more information on certs in Chapter 10 of "Administering and Maintaining Avaya Aura Application Enablement Services" and the DMCC programmers guide.

I do not understand your second question. Can you please give more information?

Martin
Pravin
Hi Martin,

Thanks. I want to understand about the following StartAplicationSession method and what will be default values we can set for Object UserState.

"Object userState,"

int StartApplicationSession(
string serverIp,
int serverPort,
string applicationName,
string userName,
string userPassword,
int sessionCleanupDelay,
int sessionDuration,
string protocolVersion,
bool secure,
Object userState,
bool startAutoKeepAlive,
bool allowCertificateHostnameMismatch,
LocalCertificateSelectionCallback userCertificateSelectionCallback

Regards,
Pravin
MartinFlynn
userState can be any object that the application wants to use. When an application sets userState in a request, the same object is returned in the resulting response or events. This allows the application to associate the response/event with the specific request.

In many cases there is no need for this and, to the best of my knowledge, none of the sample applications use it - they just set it to null.

Where is can be useful is in the case where an application is monitoring several stations. The application can use a different userState object for each station's monitor start request. Then, when it gets an event, the application will know for which monitor (and therefore station) the event is being generated.

Martin
Pravin
Thanks Martin. Do we need to set Protocol version in code if we are using lower or higher serviceprovider.dll to work POPUP application. Is it mandatory? We have used 5.2 serviceprovider.dll in POPUP application and application working fine in lab without issue but at customer site. Login happens successful but call events not coming instead of that we are getting following error.

"Delivered Event: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Exception"

What could be the reason.
MartinFlynn
You must pick a protocol version when starting an Application Session. It is possible to use any version as long as you follow the following rules:

1. It must be equal to or lower than the version of the AE Services
2. It must be equal to or lower than the version of the DMCC client
3. It must be equal to or lower than the version of the DMCC SDK you used to build the application

I would also suggest that you should always distribute an application with the same DMCC Client version as the SDK you used to build the application.

Your query about the Exception is better suited for a DevConnect Technical Ticket (click on Support & Forums from the menu above, and then Technical Support in the right column). Please open a ticket to initiate a dialogue with a team member who has the expertise in this product area. Note that Technical Support through DevConnect is tiered and, based on your company’s membership level, different levels of support will be provided. For further information on DevConnect membership levels and the related level of support, please click the Program & Benefits tab and then DevConnect Membership Levels. To open a discussion related to membership click on Program & Benefits and then on Membership or Program Questions in the left column.

Martin
Pravin
Thanks Martin. We have checked but sample POPUP application no protocol version is not set at starting.
So my question is do we need to set protocol version at starting or not means is it mandatory.

If we can't set protocol version at starting will there be any impact on call notification events.

Regards,
Pravin

MartinFlynn
You must always provide at least one protocol version when calling startApplicationSession(). I do not know what happens if you do not. It may be that AE Services will default to a very old version which does not support Call Control events.

Martin
Pravin
Hi Martin,

We performed DMCC Test and for Third Party Call test and it was successful. Then we did next step – testing with connect and agent desktop. Attached screenshot and logs for your information.

1. When Agent input id station and password via our PopUP application connect on AES a session is created:
2) We place a test call and collected logs.

We checked logs (see attachment):

removing CallControlListener

Removed session[session F190112F0492DC8BC524A934AAC6B434-31]

session[session F190112F0492DC8BC524A934AAC6B434-31] session released device [6028:CM:0.0.0.0:0] via Client API call

Is this due to we have not set DMCC protocol version in our application during start application?

Regards,
Pravin

• [Thumb - POPapplicationsession.jpg]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - DMCCsessionremoved.jpg]
[Disk] Download
Filename main.txt [Disk] Download
MartinFlynn
I am sorry, I have given as much help as I can in this thread. If you require further support, please think about opening a technical support ticket, as I described previously.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view