GChagnon
I am in the process of developing a Java Breeze workshop for Business Partners (BP). The intent is twofold; reducing the learning curve of some Breeze basics and to show how a BP's applications would consume some Breeze services.

Right now my agenda is as follows:
Exercise 1 – Service Life Cycle and Logger
Exercise 2 – Notifications for Services Attributes Changes
Exercise 3 – Publishing and Receiving Breeze Events
Exercise 4 – Call Intercept with Media via TTS

I thought that my next 3 exercises was to develop the skeleton of a SMS Connector/Snap-In and 2 ED Dynamic tasks (Send and Receive SMS tasks). The BP that I support has their own SMS infrastructure and this would help them on to consume their own services.

Are some consideration, I believe that the use of the Collaboration Bus is appropriate here. The SMS Connector/Snap-In would use 2 Collaboration Bus channels; Send-SMS & Receive-SMS. The Collaboration Bus samples are very clear and I should be able to base my SMS Connector/Snap-In exercise on these samples.

In turn, each Dynamic task would use the channel intended for it purpose. I have successfully written a couple of Dynamic tasks so this is not a complete unknown.

The part for the Dynamic tasks that concerns me is that the statements for the Collaboration Bus Factory that I see in the SampleCBClient could only be inserted in my task's execution class. I am concerned that my Dynamic tasks would be creating new objects each time a WF consumes my tasks.

Everybody who reads this needs to remember that I am not a Java expert so it is possible that my question does not make sense.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,

Gabriel

JoelEzell
Hi Gabriel, sorry for the delayed response. The forum notification capabilities for new threads were out of commission for a while so I'd missed this post.

I would suggest only using the collaboration bus for the sending of SMS. There is not a good way to add Collab Bus listeners with Dynamic Tasks. For incoming SMS, you can use the Eventing Framework with the same event type that is already used by the Zang API. You can see these details in the ED admin console.

If you could use the same message request / response format as our existing SMS connectors, you wouldn't have to define a new task type at all. It sounds like for your training class, you want to show how to create a Dynamic Task, so maybe this isn't an issue. If the BP wants to create a production SMS Connector, however, it would probably behoove them to use the "standard" message format so that people could use the standard SMS task. We haven't published this format broadly, and I'd need to get permission to share it if that becomes desirable at some point.
Go to:   
Mobile view