Wilder
After upgrading system manager and session manager to 7.1.3, call intercept fails for breeze 3.4

looking at a traceSM we see a 500 server internal error. is there a comparability issue?
JoelEzell
Hi, is there a service contract for this system? If so, please open a ticket with Avaya Client Services.
Wilder
JoelEzell wrote:Hi, is there a service contract for this system? If so, please open a ticket with Avaya Client Services.

I contacted client services prior to posting here. We were told that it maybe a configuration issue which is not covered by the support contra t. All that was done was the system manager and session manager upgrade. Prior to the upgrade call intercept worked fine
JoelEzell
Sorry that you're getting the runaround here. The very first thing that I would need to do in order to try to diagnose this problem is look at logs. We shouldn't be collecting logs here in the forum; that's an ACS thing. I really think ACS is the way to go. I'll alert Tier IV to this issue as well so they can try to follow up.
Wilder
JoelEzell wrote:Sorry that you're getting the runaround here. The very first thing that I would need to do in order to try to diagnose this problem is look at logs. We shouldn't be collecting logs here in the forum; that's an ACS thing. I really think ACS is the way to go. I'll alert Tier IV to this issue as well so they can try to follow up.

thanks Joel. Tier 4 support reached out to me but I do have a question for you regarding the eventcallcontrol. I came across this thread from a year ago where you provided some explanation about it.

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/21296.page#p150596

looking at the logs, the 500 server internal error is thrown by the eventcallcontrol which is internal to breeze. this wasn't happening before the upgrade.

comparing older log to the current log, I am not seeing the CECS being invoked. are there certain call intercept cases where this CECS is invoked, for example, intercepting calls from DIDs?

thanks
Filename breezelog.txt [Disk] Download
Wilder
JoelEzell wrote:Sorry that you're getting the runaround here. The very first thing that I would need to do in order to try to diagnose this problem is look at logs. We shouldn't be collecting logs here in the forum; that's an ACS thing. I really think ACS is the way to go. I'll alert Tier IV to this issue as well so they can try to follow up.

I haven't heard back from Level 4 support and I tried contacting them a couple of times but no luck. Any idea why the CallEventControl throws this error. When I select CM as the termination application sequence for the pattern in Session Manager the call works fine, but as soon as I add breeze as the termination sequence, the call continues to ring and it goes through, but it does not get intercepted and this error is thrown.
JoelEzell
Let me follow up on this.
JoelEzell
Have you been given a SR# or PEA#?
Wilder
JoelEzell wrote:Have you been given a SR# or PEA#?

Joel,

I was contacted by support again yesterday and Anitha assisted me looking through the logs. Breeze was throwing an unhandled exception which prevented EventCallControl from initializing. The exception was caused due to breeze looking for a property in the MySQL connector and for some reason it couldn't find it. I uninstalled the MySQL connector and reinstalled it and the problem went away.

Thanks for your assistance.
JoelEzell
Thanks for the update. By "MySQL Connector", do you mean a MySQL JDBC driver as installed through System Manager?
Wilder
JoelEzell wrote:Thanks for the update. By "MySQL Connector", do you mean a MySQL JDBC driver as installed through System Manager?

that is correct. We removed the JDBC source, and the provider. Reinstalled and the issue went away.
JoelEzell
Thanks again, and I'm sorry that this was such a painful process for you. I'm glad we ultimately got you straightened out.
Go to:   
Mobile view